Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Harley Converted
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the third owner of this bike. I'm trying to put it somewhat back to stock for the lighting. The flush-mount front signals are just not doing it for me.

Here's what I know:
The flush-mounts have the same type of connector as the stocker, but with two wires so there is no running light.

The stock replacements I bought have the same factory style three wire connector.

When the new stockers are plugged in, all I get is a constant running light, and both my turn signal indicators on the dash are continuously lit up. No turn signals at all.

I can not get a signal through my voltmeter at the connector for the turn signals, only the running lights.

The manual for 2005 R6 on page 6-33 shows the turn signal fuse in Box 2, number 3.

There is no fuse, no wiring, no connectors in Fuse Box 2, number 3. There were no wires cut anywhere and the wiring harness that contains all those fuse box wires looks factory.

So, does anyone know where my Turn Signal fuse is located? I know '05 was a weird year and it looks like I've got one.

Any help on this is appreciated. I'm going to try and find the instructions for installing the flush-mounts in the hopes that I can backwards engineer something and make it work.

Chris

·
Harley Converted
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I figured it out. I'll report back soon.

·
Harley Converted
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, for anyone interested, here's what happened:

Both of the replacement front turn signals had bad wiring. Meaning- the connector on each signal had all three wires one position off. Each wire needed to move over one spot, so I cut them all and reconnected them properly and now they work just fine.

Yes, I took out the flush-mounts because I want to be seen, not hit by a car.

Still two problems remaining though:

1. The left side signal won't blink. This was happening with the flush-mount also so it's a deeper wiring problem that I'll have to track down.

2. I still don't know where my turn signal fuse has gone, but I'll bet it was moved to the rear tail when the original owner did the integrated tail light / fender removal kit thingy.

So for now, I'm happy.
Hope you enjoyed the read and the suspense from todays show :)

·
Harley Converted
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Final update.

After a couple hours of pulling off the tail panels, seat, and raising the tank and chasing wires and checking connections all over the place, I came to a dead end. I went back to the beginning and pulled the bulb again. I was getting the blink signal in the wires but it still wouldn't blink. The bulb was good…. but- I found a bent pin in the socket. Straightened it out, put the bulb back and everything works like a charm.

After an hour of putting panels back and cleaning up my mess of tools all is well. The only thing that still eludes me is the location of the fuse for the turn signals. It still is not to be found anywhere.

I'm going for a ride now.

·
Harley Converted
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might even update my picture soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts