Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been calling SoCal all around and found a new 05 R6 Raven in San Diego. Begining negotiations the manager said he is getting $10,900 OTD?!?! Would not budge...so I had to walk away. WTF? Isn't that the price for an R1? I could buy a blue or red R6 and get it painted?!?!

Nor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Get an '04 and paint it. Chances are you wouldnt even be able to tell the difference between an '04 and an '05 except for the color. :idea:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,662 Posts
MSRP is $8399
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
Smegma said:
Get an '04 and paint it. Chances are you wouldnt even be able to tell the difference between an '04 and an '05 except for the color. :idea:
Aside from the inverted forks, new brakes, and new fairing on the front wheel.

Yeah, that is a RIP-OFF.
 

·
looking for more curves
Joined
·
1,883 Posts
echoes said:
Smegma said:
Get an '04 and paint it. Chances are you wouldnt even be able to tell the difference between an '04 and an '05 except for the color. :idea:
Aside from the inverted forks, new brakes, and new fairing on the front wheel.

Yeah, that is a RIP-OFF.
exactly.... he's looking for a sucker... don't be that sucker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
05 Raven for $ 10,000.00

I just purchased an 05 in Blue for $8200.00 O.T.D. They will never get more than $9,000.oo for that thing!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
don't understand what he was charging you for. My girl and I got ours for $8800 otd before I paid extra for the service contracts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was just for the bike. Nothing extra. When I asked him to verify what he had said, he went on about how the black is popular and everyone wants one right now. What an asshole.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
Actually another difference that i just noticed today, One of my friends bought the new Raven colored R6......look at the front brake lever.....it seems cheeper made. I personnaly dont care for the way the front brake is adjsuted now .....but hey that just me. I'll get a pic and post it as soon as possible
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
HOLY SHIT 10k, you might aswell order the bike from yamaha themselfs and have rossi's team modifiy it. That would still be cheaper than what this guy is charging. Tell him that he can stick the inverted forks up his ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
yep,
that's so. cal for ya...can't bring in an '05 from out of state, unless you can find one w/ 7500 miles on it already, so they'll sit here and try to jack you all day long.
I remember when I got my '04 silver w/ flames this past april...the sales guy told me he was selling them for over $10k all day long. I told him he was on crack...I ended up getting it for about $9k out the door, from the same dealer, go figure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
snoh said:
yep,
that's so. cal for ya...can't bring in an '05 from out of state, unless you can find one w/ 7500 miles on it already, so they'll sit here and try to jack you all day long.
I remember when I got my '04 silver w/ flames this past april...the sales guy told me he was selling them for over $10k all day long. I told him he was on crack...I ended up getting it for about $9k out the door, from the same dealer, go figure.
Why can't people in California buy a bike out of state. I thought all the bikes came with California Emissions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
10k+ Thats nutz!! How can they sell them for more than the MSRP?? People in SoCal could change this rip off by not buying them in california so that the dealers would have to lower the price to compete. As long as people fork out the Highway robbery they will keep charging the inflated prices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
I would never pay that much, I rather buy one out of a state and take the chance with the cops then take for a chump by that dealer. :hammer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Yeah it's ridiculous...
But the reason why the california dealers gouge so much is because of the fact that you cannot register an out of state bike unless it's used w/ 7500 miles on the odo. I believe that is what is written on the California DMV site. From what I understood in the previous years, the 49 state bikes had a few differences like different cams, and emmissions equipment. Please do correct me if i'm wrong...
I did also entertain the idea of buying my r6 from out of state until I came across these stupid restrictions.

I think if you lived out of state, bought the bike, and moved to california, it's legal. so if you wanted to that you could go that route :hammer

A local dealer had a red '05 R6 and on the sticker it was over $10k. Not even including tax and license :bash
 

·
flyin' hawaiian
Joined
·
2,815 Posts
the only reason why dealers do that is because they can. someone new out there, especially the young ones in early 20's, is desperate enough to pay those outrageous prices.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top