Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could I take the front end off of an 05 and put it onto an 03? I am currently trying to decide if i should go for the 05 or just get another 03 and get the front end put on the bike. i dont need advice on what bike to get i just want to know if it is possible to do. thx

·
Can u c my turn signals?
128 Posts
I am sure it could be done, I am just not sure you would want to though.
:poke
Everything I read on the 05' talks about how Yamaha had to strengthen the frame to put the new inverted front end on. I don't think it would be a good idea to put a 05' front end on a 03' or 04' bike just for this reason.

If it was me and I had the money I would just get a 05'.

Just my opinion. :cheers

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,812 Posts
Weazel said:
Everything I read on the 05' talks about how Yamaha had to strengthen the frame to put the new inverted front end on. I don't think it would be a good idea to put a 05' front end on a 03' or 04' bike just for this reason.

If it was me and I had the money I would just get a 05'.
well said, i agree.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:gas well i guess thats how some ideas go lol thx for the input guys

so rocky, that would be my best bet to make the r6 handling optimum huh? What other things should i get to fully oprtimize the bike? I assume i should get a steering dampner, along with brake likes, pads, motor bits (exhaust, filter, pcmIII). anything else that is a must? Something for the rear end perhaps?

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you want the bike to handle as well as possible...

Traxxion Dynamics valves and springs in the front forks. Penske rear shock. Then have them set up for you by Marcus McBain.

But if all you are doing is riding on the street, that might be overkill unless you have pretty deep pockets.

What are you wanting to do with your bike? Track days? Racing possibly? Or do you just want to tear up the street?

If I were a street rider; I'd probably limit my spending to a 520 conversion, SS brake lines, slip on, and possibly a damper if you are into wheelies. Have someone experienced help you set your sag properly, and get the stock suspension dialed in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.