Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get some info on what this bike could put out on the dyno list of mods (that matter) let me know thoughts please and thank you (owner i bought it from said it was dyno 110)

PC 3 with tune and custom map
+4 timing advance
Shorai lithium ion battery
HEL stainless steel brake lines
AIS Roth Industries smog block off plates
Driven 520 chain conversion
Driven Sprockets(stock gearing)
Devils exhaust
K&N air filter
APE manual chain tensioner
Speedo Healer

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
110 is a bit of a wishful thought. realistically, it's probably closer to 104. but hey any dyno can read what you want it to. so don't take it hard if you go somewhere and it comes up with 100. that's closer to a real world number than 110. theres nothing on your list that is a real power adder other than a custom dyno tune. the 05 was said to have too large of velocity stacks factory. factory pro used smaller diam stacks and got more power. the newer R6 has 8 injectors and variable length intake and a few other things that make it more powerful. and they barely get 110.
don't get me wrong, add the right mods and some engine work a modern R6 can pump out 125 hp.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 05 with all the same mods and the velocity stacks put down 110-111 to the wheel but like said above every dyno is different and will give different readings
which stacks do you have i read couple years ago that putting stacks on the 05 is pointless?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
factory pro superflare, they might be good for 1 or 2 up top. My problem is I work at a shop and have a problem spending money especially if the parts are discounted
Oh man if i got discounts on parts id be living on the bike id have no money ha ha (I've seen a lot of deals but unfortunatly I'm located in canada and the dollar is shit for anything coming out of the US)

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
factory pro superflare, they might be good for 1 or 2 up top. My problem is I work at a shop and have a problem spending money especially if the parts are discounted
I supposedly get discounts because I work at a dealership. but they base it off full MSRP. so it's still more than what I can buy it online. they think we're stupid I guess

·
nova r6
3,211 Posts
I supposedly get discounts because I work at a dealership. but they base it off full MSRP. so it's still more than what I can buy it online. they think we're stupid I guess
I live off the closeout catalogs from parts unlimited, western power sports and tucker. My slipper clutch from hinson retailed for 1600 but they had one left and wanted only 600 for it. I didnt need a slipper for the 2005 but for that price I couldnt afford not to lol. I was hoping for more of a complete overhaul on the new r6 so the 3rd gen parts would start to be discontinued so I can start building the 08 like I did the 2005

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live off the closeout catalogs from parts unlimited, western power sports and tucker. My slipper clutch from hinson retailed for 1600 but they had one left and wanted only 600 for it. I didnt need a slipper for the 2005 but for that price I couldnt afford not to lol. I was hoping for more of a complete overhaul on the new r6 so the 3rd gen parts would start to be discontinued so I can start building the 08 like I did the 2005
I've been in search of a 2005 motor so i can rebuild it but its hard to find anything now a days :frown:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I need to learn from the guru:wink: next time I'll have to hit you up to get some secrets.

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,810 Posts
who cares about HP? Torque is whats more important... which youre not making more than 41 ft lbs...lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
FWIW, my "spare" bike ('05 R6) has a YEC ECU and a PC on it, Graves throttle body slide stops, Akrapovic full Ti exhaust, and was tuned by Livengood a few years ago. 113.31hp and 47.85 tq on pump gas. Case has never been cracked open, so stock pistons, rods, cams, etc. Brian obviously messed a lot with timing as well as the fuel map. It's a PITA to tune, since that version of YEC ECU required the timing changes to be made via the cluster. The numbers on the Dyno are pretty relative. What meant more to me is that he got it from 106.57hp/44.76 - and that 106.57 was with a PC map on it already. As usual, Livengood backs up his reputation.

That being said, I'm about to tear the bottom end off to service the transmission..... :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FWIW, my "spare" bike ('05 R6) has a YEC ECU and a PC on it, Graves throttle body slide stops, Akrapovic full Ti exhaust, and was tuned by Livengood a few years ago. 113.31hp and 47.85 tq on pump gas. Case has never been cracked open, so stock pistons, rods, cams, etc. Brian obviously messed a lot with timing as well as the fuel map. It's a PITA to tune, since that version of YEC ECU required the timing changes to be made via the cluster. The numbers on the Dyno are pretty relative. What meant more to me is that he got it from 106.57hp/44.76 - and that 106.57 was with a PC map on it already. As usual, Livengood backs up his reputation.

That being said, I'm about to tear the bottom end off to service the transmission..... :(
I've been contemplating finding a 2nd motor to build, but id want to do the big bore kit (636) but the cylinders are nikasil and not steel sleeves? so machine shop would be $$$$

·
nova r6
3,211 Posts
I've been contemplating finding a 2nd motor to build, but id want to do the big bore kit (636) but the cylinders are nikasil and not steel sleeves? so machine shop would be $$$$
Yea I have the 1mm over wiesco kit that again I got for a steal! like 200 bucks but yes entire top case has to be sent out bored and nikasiled

·
Hey...watch this
573 Posts
Huey got 112 out of my 2005, and I believe the numbers on his dyno.
Mine is setup almost identical to yours.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nobody should ever "believe" the peak numbers on a dyno. Even if you try to adjust for barometric pressure, etc, every dyno is going to be different - and will typically even yield slightly different readings on the same exact bike on different days. The numbers on the dyno are best used to evaluate the curve, and to compare deltas between runs. So for me, I'm looking to see what the torque curve looks like to smooth out acceleration, and what the delta is between base run and tuned. Anything beyond that is just idle conjecture. That's why people bragging about their dyno sheets make me laugh. That only tells me that they don't understand what's going on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts