Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
title says it all., are they they same? I have some ohlins internals installed on my 07, need to get some new forks, will they fit in the 10?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not exactly...

06-07 forks are different. You can likely make them work in the 08-15 work by changing the length of them. Usually when I do that kind of work I am going the other way and making 08-15 Ohlins Carts work in the 06-07 forks which isn't much of an issue. I wouldn't know for sure if you can do it the other way around until I got them apart.

2016 Forks are unique for that one year only

·
Registered
29 Posts
There was some good info in a thread here about swapping upside down forks into the '03 and '04 bikes. Among other things, it mentioned all the USD forks are the same outside dimension. In some year they got 10mm longer, and I can't recall if that was '08 maybe? Anyway, that thread may help you.

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,811 Posts
title says it all., are they they same? I have some ohlins internals installed on my 07, need to get some new forks, will they fit in the 10?
of course they will. Cart equipped forks are going to be longer regardless of year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
of course they will. Cart equipped forks are going to be longer regardless of year.
I do not believe that is a true statement. Generally the cart kit going in will replicate the OEM cart length unless specifically modified by the installer.

06-07 Fork Length OAL is 736mm
08-15 Fork Length OAL is 744mm

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,811 Posts
I laid my 07 25mm kit next to my 14 30 mm kit both installed in appropriate year forks and they were identical in length.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts