Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Race them hard
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully somebody can help me out.

I seized my motor and am getting ready to tear it down. The question is about the bearing clearance on the main bearings.

I am pretty much assuming I will need a crank, if not lucky me. Here is the question: I am familiar with the Yamaha technical bulletin that says to reduce the main bearing size by one. Does that apply equally to the 06 and the 07? It also shows the bearing clearance in the manual as 0.020 - 0.044 mm (0.0008 - 0.0017 in) both in the 06 and 07 manual. If the size of the bearing is being reduced does the clearance that I am checking for change?

Can anybody shed some light on this. Thanks

I use the motor in an out of bike application so I don't really know if I was sold an 06 or 07 motor. Can you tell my motor serial number?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
I am pretty much assuming I will need a crank, if not lucky me. Here is the question: I am familiar with the Yamaha technical bulletin that says to reduce the main bearing size by one. Does that apply equally to the 06 and the 07? It also shows the bearing clearance in the manual as 0.020 - 0.044 mm (0.0008 - 0.0017 in) both in the 06 and 07 manual. If the size of the bearing is being reduced does the clearance that I am checking for change?

Can anybody shed some light on this. Thanks

Youll have to plasti gauge it to get the proper clearance. Problem is you'll need to order 3 complete sets of bearings. Maybe find a local shop that would swap you out or refund your $$ if you dont need them. Should be 3 sizes.

·
Race them hard
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I understand you correctly, what I am really shooting for is the clearance as listed in the manual not necessarily the color, although the color is a good starting point?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.