Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
The lil yellow that could
41 Posts
I was reading up on the power commander and I says that you need a computer with XP as an operating system. Does anyone know if I'll be able to download the maps with my laptop that has Vista?

·
The GodFather
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah not problems with my Vista laptop.... If you run into any troubles once it's installed ... Uninstall it and re-install the program in capatibility mode

·
The GodFather
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Here you go James...

http://www.gravesport.com/Tech_Support/Instructions/AB011.pdf

It's not hard, there just isn't much room to move around in there so you can only turn the allen wrench a tiny bit and it takes a while to get the bolts out. Also there is a TON of locktight on the stock bolts so it's a little irritating.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Does anybody have a link to some maps for a 08 R6?

·
Baa Whaaaaa
142 Posts

·
Wheelie NooB!
175 Posts
wow, install was a cake. Thanks to this DIY.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Spiderman,

I just installed it on my 07...had a Q regarding loading maps. Does the bike have to be running in order the software to detect the bike?
Reason i ask is my bike is still in pieces getting it race prepped for next year and couldn't turn it on. Software could not detect anything.
I plugged the 9v battery in and tried it that route and it worked fine.

Let me know...thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
i just installed my pcIII on my 07 r6, i got a full two brothers cf m2 vale exhaust, i thought it was going to fix my choppy idle but its still the same.. any ideas of why its still doing that?

·
The GodFather
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Try turning up the idle screw a little bit... The R6 will benifit from a little hands on dyno tuning that is individual to your own bike and climate also... :fact

·
cubandiaz
106 Posts
Quick question...I have a T-Tuner mid pipe, K&N, and Akra Hex slip-on...have a PCIII...wanna know can I get by off the Full Akra system map they have on the website to download with out damage?

21 - 40 of 112 Posts