Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 112 Posts

·
The GodFather
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
You should be ok with that map but the only way to be 100% is get it on the dyno and measure the EGT so you know if you are rich or lean and at what point in the powerband.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed my power commander today and i am using a map with the O2 sensor on. is it better to leave it in or take it out? whats the difference?

·
The GodFather
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Originally I know the race teams were getting better results with the 02 sensor out but they've since said to use them. This thread is a few years old so that part hasn't been updated..

DO yourself a big favor and use some "anti" seize metal greese on the sensor. You'll be happy if you ever have to remove it....

:fact

·
Tell Daddy how u want it!
119 Posts
Hey guys i bought a used PC3 for my 06 R6 from someone and i dont have the red wire tap that can go to the blue wire of ecu but only the grey wire with the red connector. Where can i order or get that red wire tap as seen in this pic? any alternatives and please just dont say get the part in home depot. Need to be specific for the alternatives.

HERE IS ANOTHER PIC OF IT

·
Registered
197 Posts
just get it from home depot =)
u dont need a fancy smancy wire tap, just do a regular wire tap to the blue wire.
thats what i did.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know this might sound like a stupid question, but when installing my PCIII on my 2006 R6 do I just remove the o2 sensor out of the exhaust and unplug it? I dont need to put anything in the plug where it used to go?

Thanks, Sam

·
The GodFather
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Originally the race teams suggested not plugging in the 02 sensors on street applications but in the last few years they've gotten better results keeping it plugged in so use it.. :fact

:)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I can't think of any race team that retains the stock O2 sensor??? In a racing situation where you do not hold steady throttle you can retain the stock sensor and not cause any issues. For the street we recommend using our O2 eliminator as under certain conditions you will see the AFR change dramatically until the key is cycled.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Forgive me, guys -- I'm a little confused.

I'm running an '07 R6 with a full Yoshimura exhaust, and high flow air cleaner. I've just installed a Power Commander III. I have not been able to find any consistent answer on the whole O2 sensor thing. Do I leave it it? Do I disconnect it? Or do I get a kit to eliminate it?

I don't race, just ride -- so I don't necessarily need it to be 100% perfect, but I still want it to run like it's supposed to. Can I get the facts set straight, please?

Also, if elimination of the O2 sensor is recommended, does anybody know of a do-it-yourself way aside from spending who-knows-how-much for an elimination kit?

Thanks for your help, guys.

·
No Tracks, Just Dragons
205 Posts
Forgive me, guys -- I'm a little confused.

I'm running an '07 R6 with a full Yoshimura exhaust, and high flow air cleaner. I've just installed a Power Commander III. I have not been able to find any consistent answer on the whole O2 sensor thing. Do I leave it it? Do I disconnect it? Or do I get a kit to eliminate it?

I don't race, just ride -- so I don't necessarily need it to be 100% perfect, but I still want it to run like it's supposed to. Can I get the facts set straight, please?

Also, if elimination of the O2 sensor is recommended, does anybody know of a do-it-yourself way aside from spending who-knows-how-much for an elimination kit?

Thanks for your help, guys.
pluged mine up friday. really is quite as simple as it looks. if you've taken your fairings off before, you can handle this on your own. i still have the O2 senor in it until i go get it Dyno tuned. mine runs fine.

·
life in the fast lane
209 Posts
F.Y.I Just got off the phone with a tech from Dynojet, he said disconnect/remove the o2 sensor. If it is left hooked up the factory ecm will work against the powercommander.

·
western division
196 Posts
Hey guys i bought a used PC3 for my 06 R6 from someone and i dont have the red wire tap that can go to the blue wire of ecu but only the grey wire with the red connector. Where can i order or get that red wire tap as seen in this pic? any alternatives and please just dont say get the part in home depot. Need to be specific for the alternatives.
i also bought mine used.. but mine looks more like the one used on an R6S. i checked the Part# on the dynoJet site and it shows mine can be used on the 07 r6 and r6S.

i do not see a single grey wire though?? any thoughts??

·
western division
196 Posts
dam dawg, ur still trying to install it? ride it over here, i told you i would install it for you!
yea bro... my luck is running slim on this project. i'm pretty sure it's the wrong one. :thumbdown
soon my money will too..

my bike is butt naked, i can't ride it if i wanted too wit this rain buddy.

41 - 60 of 112 Posts