Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all didnt know there was a track section so i thought it be a good idea to post up here.

im looking at getting a 06 r6 for track but dont know if i should bother and rather try and get an 08 instead. i can probably have the 06 on the track with suspension goodies for 4-5k. rather an 08 will be 6k+.

how different are the two models? i currently ride a 07 cbr on the track and always wanted to try an r6. now i'm curious if i would be happy with an 06 or would an 08+ be a better choice? same goes for getting parts too. 06-07 still abundant? are the models interchangable with parts?

thanks

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
Personally I would stay away from the 06-07 for a track only bike because of the gas tank design...they have been known to hit the track and go boom. :eek5 I believe some tracks even require tank protectors for the 06-07 R6.

But that might just be me...I tend to be a worrier. :laugh

:wave Welcome. Where do you live?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Been discussed a lot.

08 over 06-7, but if it fits your budget better, the 06 is just fine.
This, but without that gay Canadian smell.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey I'm Canadian!!! must explain the initial post lol. what can i search for to find out the previous discussions on this?

·
Suk it, Lee
19,071 Posts
''Redisdeadrideblue'' is our resident psychic, that's all.

Probably search anything like.. ''Best year for track'', or something like that. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

Where in that shit hole, Canada, are you?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
''Redisdeadrideblue'' is our resident psychic, that's all.

Probably search anything like.. ''Best year for track'', or something like that. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

Where in that shit hole, Canada, are you?
resident psychotic. :fact

And thats a trick question because the entire country is a shithole so distinguishing is not necessary.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts