Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
suns gunna rise in a mile
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the front seat and tank mount the same all the way from 06-10???

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
The 08 and up tanks will fit on the 07 and 06 but not vise versa, and the seats are different from 07 to 08-up the subframes are different

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 08 and up tanks will fit on the 07 and 06 but not vise versa, and the seats are different from 07 to 08-up the subframes are different
ya i knew the air box was diff on letting the tank come down and fit right on the 06-07 to 08- .. and i knew thw sub was diff with the way the sea bolts down in the bracket on the 08- .. but i wasnt sure if the mount for the tank it self was any diff and maybe thats what affected the seats but i guess its the actual seat its self.. thanks bro:jump

·
Registered
597 Posts
Over stock it is great in my opinion. Not a huge difference but defiantly a noticeable exhaust note change. Sounds a lot better than my buds stock 06 R6

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
ya i knew the air box was diff on letting the tank come down and fit right on the 06-07 to 08- .. and i knew thw sub was diff with the way the sea bolts down in the bracket on the 08- .. but i wasnt sure if the mount for the tank it self was any diff and maybe thats what affected the seats but i guess its the actual seat its self.. thanks bro:jump
The mount is the same on the frame for the tanks, but yeah the mounting points for the seat on the subframes are different.

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Over stock it is great in my opinion. Not a huge difference but defiantly a noticeable exhaust note change. Sounds a lot better than my buds stock 06 R6
ya i hear you and for the price you cant beat it.. i just wish i could get rid of the brick that looks ever so ugly:enforcer

·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The mount is the same on the frame for the tanks, but yeah the mounting points for the seat on the subframes are different.
thats what i was hopping..mine ripped and i bought an 07.. so would you happen to know anyone needing a 06-07 front seat?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts