Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

06 2co1 idles @800rpm/ no response from the twistgrip?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ilianle74 
#1 ·
evening,
has anybody experienced the following symptons with their 06 r6, 2co1 model:

riding at 70mph on motorway.
heard something like an electrical short circit sound, not the best description.

lost a bit a speed, knocked it down.2gears, pened the throttle, speed started to pick up again, engine lost a little bit of zip in throttle / rev speed pickup, rode about 3miles into and thru a town centre, where the engine started backfiring every half second, still able to use all the gears, came to a stop and went to work.

later in the day:

fired it up again.. only idles at 800rpm instead of 1200ish. no response at all in regards to revs speed when twisting the throttle, no backfiring on idle,

if anybody has any ideas, pls let me know.

cheers gents.

#3 ·
it's not petrol, called out the rac( i'm based in the uk) they wouldn't even attempt to start stripping the engine by the roadside as i think they knew it was a slightly more involved job the bike lifted home by a mate.

will fit knew coils and check the stator coil resistance, and check for any split hises of sorts

#4 ·
had something similar. for me it was the stator motor not charging.
1. try checking your battery voltage should be 12.7v with the bike off.
if it is low trickle charge it then start it. if that works you looking at the charging system

2, has the engine light come and what code is it showing

3. i leave in wellingborough.

#6 ·
Good point Hilton. Have a look at the regulator rectifier as well. Its a metal box about the size of a large cigarette packet with metal cooling fins on the casing. It sits just under the tank near the shock. Sometimes water can get into the connector and corrode it or it might be dud. When this goes your whole charging system goes kaput.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.