Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and thanks 4 taking the time to read, first off Im a noob with bikes so bear with me please lol, ok it has 4500 miles on it when I start it up cold it runs rough, and when I am slowing down and pull in the clutch it will die but not all the time. Also I have noticed some dead spots when I speed up kind of heasitas ? Its all stock but has the gytr shortie exhaust, and when Im in 10,000 rpm of higer it sound like Im going to blow it up is that normal ? I really dont know the past on the bike....... Oh yeah under the seat is a little box fuel pump mabye ?? but it constantly runs with the key turned even with the kill switch off and not running it still is humming.... I am extreamly greatful for any advice you guys could give me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all and thanks 4 taking the time to read, first off Im a noob with bikes so bear with me please lol, ok it has 4500 miles on it when I start it up cold it runs rough, and when I am slowing down and pull in the clutch it will die but not all the time. Also I have noticed some dead spots when I speed up kind of heasitas ? Its all stock but has the gytr shortie exhaust, and when Im in 10,000 rpm of higer it sound like Im going to blow it up is that normal ? I really dont know the past on the bike....... Oh yeah under the seat is a little box fuel pump mabye ?? but it constantly runs with the key turned even with the kill switch off and not running it still is humming.... I am extreamly greatful for any advice you guys could give me.
Ok, I can sort of help you. I just bought an 06 with about 5k miles also. It ran like crap and felt like it was going to blow up if I revved past 12k rpms. It also vibrated like a mofo. I changed the spark plugs (which I am in the process of making a how-to for) and all is good in the world. It accerates through the rpm band no problem now. I don't know about the shutting off part but this might help the high rpm problem.

If you are talking about a high pitched squealing sound when you turn the key on, it happens to me also. The fuel pump should only turn on when you flip the kill switch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
thanks man I really apreciate it let me know when u get the how 2 on the plugs man, I dont know y its running then even with kill switch of ? but thanks again man
The pump should only run for a second or two then stop. Is it running constantly? Have you taken your tank off recently? A hose could be kinked or you could be out of gas.

I can get the writeup for the plugs up soon but the pictures will take a little longer to edit. Let me know if you want just the text.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man I aprecaite it yeah it keeps humming when key is turned and kill is switch is in off position, I just messd up my radiator I have one on order any tips on taking the old one out ? and if thers any thing I can do for u just let me know,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks man I aprecaite it yeah it keeps humming when key is turned and kill is switch is in off position, I just messd up my radiator I have one on order any tips on taking the old one out ? and if thers any thing I can do for u just let me know,
I hope you didn't mess up the radiator following my writeup. I haven't removed the radiator completely but I imagine it is a matter of disconnecting all the hoses, clamps, and cables (and draining the coolant). There aren't really that many bolts holding it on to the bike. Just remember where all the hoses connect to. Good luck!

Thanks, just ride safe when you get it running again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.