Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting tired of always having to charge my bike and even beening out somewhere and it not start, so what im asking for help about is how do i check to see if the charging systems is working correctly.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Check the voltage at the battery with the bike running, sounds like you already know it's not charging, now it's a matter of being a connection, the regulator/rectifier, or the magneto/stator. Or you have a bad battery.

You can check the resistance of the stator, should have 3 wires on it, check resistance between 1-2, 1-3, 2-3 all should be 0.12 - 0.18 ohm (at 68 degrees roughly).

The regulator/rectifier needs to be checked at 5000 RPM, voltage should be ~14 volts. Using the red and black wires coming out of the regulator / rectifier first. if you have 14 volts there and don't have 14 volts at the battery, you have a connection issue.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That where im lost at what tools do I need and where do I need hook all this up at to check it I guess I need to find me a how to write up might help me out alot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i just got a new battery it worked for aboyut 3 days now shes clicking when trying to start... im about to go to mechanic to check stator R/R bc i dont have the tools...we're having the same prob.. sucks man season just started too..i know its an old post but if its fixed let me know what it was

1 - 5 of 5 Posts