Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys,

I am new on this forum. My name is Joost and I am from Zwolle, The Netherlands.

So I dropped my bike 2 weeks ago and now the fairings on the left side of the bike are scratched and broken. I really want my bike repaired so i'm looking for new fairings for my bike.

I don't know about the prices of OEM parts in foreign countries but for all the parts I want repaired Yamaha wants me to pay around 700 euros -> 900 dollars? I don't want to spend that amount of money on new fairings so I browsed the web a little for some fairings and I ran into motorcyclefairingsdirect. I do not know this company, and never have I ordered items for my bike from other countries.

These fairings from this website are imitation chinese fairings right? So how is the fitment of these fairings. I want my bike to look tight again, and don't want to struggle getting the fairings on. I'm just a little afraid of ordering fairings I can't see in person so I can't say if they look good or not.

Do you guys think it is worth to order OEM parts at Yamaha or order some imitation fairings. And do you think that the price of the bike will drop if I want to sell it in future and the potential buyer sees the fairings are not original?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Cheap fairings are OK, the nicest thing about them is that you can get a complete set for half the price you are about to pay for just a few pieces. You'll also want the complete kit because the colors from the chinese guys won't match your OEM.

Depending how bad the damage is on your bike, I like just using good touch up paint, maybe some small holes drilled with zipties if tabs are broken, etc. if its just purely cosmetic... Also check Ebay for some used fairings if you must have OEM. When it's time to sell, I think the avg buyer will like the looks of the new shiny knock-offs just fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts