Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I noticed my R6 seems to roll a little bit when Im on gear 1 full clutch in. The momentum is easily overcomed by being more firm with my footing, or just tap a lil bit of rear brake.

it is quite distinctively noticeable that pushing the bike on top of it on gear 1 clutch in, is much more harder than pushing the bike on neutral.

i sent it to the mechanic this afternoon, was told that the clutch plate could have worn out and he need to dissemble the clutch to diagnose better.
is this normal to you guys? is it a must to fix?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
What yr, how many miles? Could be your clutch cable doesn't have enough slack and is to tight? This can be adjusted at the clutch lever with little turn dial by where the cable attaches to the clutch lever. Did mechanic say anything about that?

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
Check your clutch cable before you pay a mechanic to do anything. Adjust it so you can fit the thickness of a quarter between the lever and perch. It shouldn't be nearly enough for the bike to try to move on its own with the clutch pulled.

Even if everything is perfect, it will still be harder to push in any gear than it will in neutral. With the clutch pulled and the bike off, the side coming from the engine is not moving. The side going to the transmission will be spinning, since the transmission is in gear. The oil stuck between the steel plates and friction plates will cause a little friction and make it harder to move. In neutral, you don't have that friction to worry about, since nothing in the clutch is moving.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check your clutch cable before you pay a mechanic to do anything. Adjust it so you can fit the thickness of a quarter between the lever and perch. It shouldn't be nearly enough for the bike to try to move on its own with the clutch pulled.

Even if everything is perfect, it will still be harder to push in any gear than it will in neutral. With the clutch pulled and the bike off, the side coming from the engine is not moving. The side going to the transmission will be spinning, since the transmission is in gear. The oil stuck between the steel plates and friction plates will cause a little friction and make it harder to move. In neutral, you don't have that friction to worry about, since nothing in the clutch is moving.
idk if it moves anot, but it does roll about 3 inches very slowly in about 5s that kind of speed. will check it out in 15mins

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What yr, how many miles? Could be your clutch cable doesn't have enough slack and is to tight? This can be adjusted at the clutch lever with little turn dial by where the cable attaches to the clutch lever. Did mechanic say anything about that?
i knew and adjusted that for long, it makes no different, my biting point became so far from what im used and it makes me worse.. :S

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ok noticed something after trying it out again,

Apparently, the force is not strong enough to push the bike more than 2 inches over 5seconds with both hands griped firmly on the handle bar. it rolls 2 inches slowly at a very low speed, then it comes to a stop, but i can still feel the abnormal extra force exerted forwardly, as a result, when i try to reverse on your gear 1 clutch in i will need extra forces to counter the extra force exerted forwardly.

reversing in gear 1 clutch in with my foot, on top of the bike, can also felt more straining to me, in contrast, pushing the bike forward in gear 1 clutch in is much easier than pushing on neutral.

also just for u guys info, im not talkiing about the jerk that happens when u switch from neutral to gear 1, im talking about a force that was not meant to be there during idling at gear 1 clutched in. a small force not strong enough to move the bike on its own or at most 2 inches over 5s, but is definitely there noticeable enough to makes it more easier for u to push the bike forward on ur foot, and more straining to reverse
:(

(edited like 10 times)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts