Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel a little different in counter steering at low speeds... My 06 R6s is very different then my 05 R6 in steering altogether.
Instead of it dropping into the corner when you counter steer, the handle bars turn into the corner and when you try to counter steer it feels like it wants to grip back making the front tire slip. This only happens at at the lower speeds and it does not help out on the issue when I accelerate out of the corner. It does not do this at high speeds. Anyone else, or it just me.. Should I get this checked out or just get use to my new girl?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I am new here, but I believe it is normal. Your 05 r6 had inverted forks and your new 06 R6S has regular forks. I have noticed riding my buddies 05 r6 that it handles much different than my 08 r6s. It coud be the tires too though. I have noticed that the stock tires suck, but I only have 600 street miles on this bike. No time for the track now.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
I haven't noticed anything like that with my 08 R6S. It feels a little different than my 05 and 06 GSXR600s (both with inverted forks and 120/70 tires), but not anything like what you're describing; just quicker turn-in. Did you have a steering damper on your 05?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts