Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i just got an 06 raven today. this is my first 600, used to ride a kawasaki 250r. i was wondering if i can switch out the tail section to a maybe more newer model tail section. has anyone done this before? is it easy to do and do all the parts fit?

thanks for the help!

·
Speedy Claxton
1,767 Posts
welp, i suppose ill take this one..what exactly are you looking to change to because any newer tail section is going to look basically exactly the same as yours

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oops my mistake. i checked google images and i guess for some reason i have an 05 tail section.

·
TopGearAmbitiousButRubish
2,233 Posts
so you have an R6S, not an R6?

Your tail section is the same from 03-09, I don't think they made an S model for 2010.

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

heres my tail section..maybe i'm trippin..is that the most recent tail section? something about it just looked weird to me ahaha
thanks for helping

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i guess now the question is, how do i come across a v body tail section?
i searched on google and not really getting results..

i think the v body looks a lot better than the s body

·
2,233 Posts
so i guess now the question is, how do i come across a v body tail section?
i searched on google and not really getting results..

i think the v body looks a lot better than the s body
That's because it does ;)

But in order to switch between the 2 you will need a "V" sub-frame, and will have to fabricate it to fit the S frame. A member has done it in the past but I'm not searching for the thread.

·
Banned
144 Posts
Lot of work but it's just up to you if its worth it or not ! fitment is always a challenge when it comes to this . Trying to make it fit and look OEM is the hardest part .

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have never rode an actual S model but I did own an 03 r6 for a s short period of time while I also had my V model and I gotta say, I love the bottom end that the 03 had. Sure its not as pretty, but its a lot of fun any RPM, not just about 8000

·
2,233 Posts
I have never rode an actual S model but I did own an 03 r6 for a s short period of time while I also had my V model and I gotta say, I love the bottom end that the 03 had. Sure its not as pretty, but its a lot of fun any RPM, not just about 8000
Everyone is so touchy about using S to describe 2nd gens...

2nd gen R6's are S's, 3rd gens are V's. It doesn't mean it's slower, even though it is, it just means it's an S body.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
R6S = Street version. Means it's more comfortable and built for the street.

Just like Honda had their F4i's then went to RR (Race Ready) in 06/07.

·
Hard Parked
2,153 Posts
Everyone is so touchy about using S to describe 2nd gens...

2nd gen R6's are S's, 3rd gens are V's. It doesn't mean it's slower, even though it is, it just means it's an S body.
Not all 2nd gens are S's. That is why the 05's are much different than 03-04 and the S models.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts