Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you mount the support piece? Also where are you drilling the holes to support the upper?

Pics would be helpful.

FYI I'm running a woodcraft tail.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
507 Posts
I used the 4 gromet holes/spaces that are located under the seat (where the stock tail mounted to).

Then just 4 holes on each side to hold the under-tail...... I also drilled 4 holes in the centre of the under and zip tied it to the subframe. Makes it a little more secure (no bouncy bouncy).

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got any pics?

I currently have a woodcraft SS tail thats mounted on the bike but wanted the higher seat from the SB Tail.

Plus it looks cooler.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You need to enlarge the holes where the support lines up with the frame. I believe the frame holes are 4 mm wide and you have to make them 6 mm.

For the undertail, I used the same two stock holes on the suspension end of the piece where the stock one is attached with push-in screws. Then I drilled four holes for Dzus fasteners.

The top tail piece sat too high on my bike and there's a gap between the top and the bottom halves under the seat. It was the only way to make the screw holes line up. It's not a issue riding and I just tape it over.

Attachments

·
I have 2 belly buttons.
1,951 Posts
I had the same problem with the top and bottom tail section on my super sport kit. Made the mistake of drilling the holes for the push pins first and then realized it needed to come towards the shock like an 1/8". I just put some masking tape over the panel and trimmed it back until it fit nice and flush with the upper tail section. The push pin holes ended up not lining up after i got it all straight. So I just left them out. The tail is super sturdy without them but I do have 6 dzus fasteners on my tail. If needed. I'll take pic tomorrow and post them. I'm at work right now and won't get off till 6am.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts