Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you with 2007s, do you use the little cable for locking your helmet by the passenger the seat? I just found out about this thing after having my bike for almost 2 months but I find it lame as hell. Do the 2008s have this also or did it upgrade? I don't want to leave my helmet hanging but messing with that cable is kind of annoying. I wish there was a better/easier locking mechanism. Just wondering if any of you guys use it, if you use something else, or if you just carry the damn thing.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I carry mine for 2 reasons. The cable is a pain to set up...and I just don't feel like the cable is enough to prevent someone from stealing it....too thin IMO.

·
Registered
458 Posts
^+1 on that I cut that cable with a pair of tin snips..not very strong carry mine also

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
I didn't know there was a cable, I usually carry my helmet with me wherever I go.

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
I also carry my helmet around if I have to go inside and leave the bike out. However, when hanging out at a cafe or somewhere i can visibly see the bike, i like to leave the helmet hanging. I try to riggit where i can hang my helment like the gixxer have. I don't like the cable. Someone need to come up with something to fix this problem. Oh yeah, is this only for th 07 r6 or all 06-08 models?

·
Banned
2,723 Posts

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
I use the lame a$$ cable lock that came with my Glock. Its easy to use, and hard to cut.

If i wanted to make my guns hard to use, I wouldn't own them, so I figure this is a perfect application.

:D

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The cable came stock in all the tool kits. It just annoys the hell out of me. Wish there was an easier/better system.

·
Registered
313 Posts
+1^, agreed! Yamaha fix this you bastards, and I mean pronto!:enforcer:rocket:cuss:mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yup that cable sucks. Got it on my 06 too. I end up just carrying my helmet cause I don't want to jack with that stupid thing.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup that cable sucks. Got it on my 06 too. I end up just carrying my helmet cause I don't want to jack with that stupid thing.
So it's on the 06 too. Wonder if they upgraded for the 08? Anyone?

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
Yeah, I really don't want to leave my $600 helment but sometimes its annoying.

·
Zoom Zoom
62 Posts
Ive used it a few times, like when stopping at a store or something. Usually just take it with me. The cable isnt hard to setup or use though, only takes like 30 seconds to put it on.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i use mine to hang my extra pair of flip flops helmets are too HOT to wear

lol sounds cool i saw a harley guy run out of a restraunt when he saw someone stealin his helmet off his handlebar i always carry mine it has to protect what little is in my head so i guess i can take care of it

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nope...08 does have a helmet hook. I rode with a guy today and he showed me where he hung his helmet! I'm so jealous! I've been looking for helmet locks online. I ride with a group, and I wish I could just secure my helmet to my own bike, instead of having to put it on a Kawasaki or a Suzuki...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts