Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Boom
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me which pins on the back of the instrument cluster are for power, so I can plug it up to a battery and check the mileage?

Thanks!

·
Boom
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody? I just want to check the mileage (and double check that it works in general) on the instrument cluster so I can sell it.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Download your Service Manuel for your bike and check the circuit diagram. On the PDF its page 62. Believe you are looking for the Multi-Function Meter on the diagram. I don't have time to decipher the diagram and tell you exactly what pin, sorry

·
Boom
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Download your Service Manuel for your bike and check the circuit diagram. On the PDF its page 62. Believe you are looking for the Multi-Function Meter on the diagram. I don't have time to decipher the diagram and tell you exactly what pin, sorry
Ok, I believe I did find the wiring diagram and it labels the color of each wire.

Now where do I find something telling me what each color is?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
On the wiring diagram (5) is the battery so coming from the battery it looks like it is the R/G wire that supplies power. You still need a ground wire though. Not sure how you plan on testing it, but I would not take a wire and directly connect the pin to the battery. You are bypassing way to many important things in the circuit such as resistance and Fuses. I doubt the circuit board is meant to take the full amps from a 12v battery. I would connect the unit back to the bike and test it that way but that's just me. No expert here though, just trying to get you information you may be able to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts