Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my current tail light (motodynamic) has an issue. I've been away from this stuff for a while, and couldn't find anything but old threads. Is there a current "go-to" solution for these on the 06-07 bikes?

• It would be nice to keep the brake light flashing option
  • It would also be nice to keep the sequential turn signal option.

Anyone make a premium version of these lights, or is motodynamic pretty much my only option?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to close this thread out I had some time to look at this with a meter. As it turns out my tail light was fine. The culprit was a bad connection at an OEM connector oddly enough. Guess I'll start adding dielectric grease to the R6 connectors as well. Originally figured it stayed dry enough, guess not...

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
In an automotive environment, either solder or/and use automotive grade connectors. (NO QUICK TAPS / SPLICERS) I cringe every time I look at other people's wiring jobs on bikes and automobiles.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,204 Posts
Real gm weatherpack connectors are worth the high price..

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,204 Posts
Yes sir, delphi I believe. The cheap ass ones really suck. I know, I bought a bunch of 2,3,4 wire models.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Weather pack connectors or not I still put dielectric grease on them on my Jeep / Supermoto.

This was the factory Yamaha connector causing the problem. My connection behind it was soldered / double heat shrinked.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Never knew there was a connector. The dipstick that owned mine must've cut it off for the "fender eliminator" kit; replaced it with twisties, electrical tape. 😖

1 - 9 of 9 Posts