Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Prostar
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my pcV w/ autotune and Leo SBK... thanks Santa!

Anyway, my question is what special considerations should I be aware of when installing it in my 2007. Some sites do not list it as compatible with the 2007, but obviously this is not the case as I know many of you have this same config.

I searched the forums but I must suck at using the search function because I couldn't really find anything substantial. So if there is anything you guys think I should know prior to trying to install this, any help is greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nothing special about installing the pcV. Just make sure you convert and load the correct map for your set up from the pcIII to the pcV. The pcV has built in feature for this so its not hard.

Did you buy a whole system or just a slip on? You have a mounting point for the a/f sensor correct?

·
Prostar
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm mounting point?

I haven't even progressed past opening the box so I have no clue what I am in for.

I got the full system yea, and the auto tuner. Speaking of which, I assume I need to load a map before I even fire it up for the first time, even with the auto tuner? Or will it just make a map as it goes? Sorry if that's a nub question, I just don't know a lot about the pcV other than I needed one to realize the full potential of the LV exhaust system.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Hmmm mounting point?

I haven't even progressed past opening the box so I have no clue what I am in for.

I got the full system yea, and the auto tuner. Speaking of which, I assume I need to load a map before I even fire it up for the first time, even with the auto tuner? Or will it just make a map as it goes? Sorry if that's a nub question, I just don't know a lot about the pcV other than I needed one to realize the full potential of the LV exhaust system.
and so your bike doesn't run like poop since it's not tuned with a full exhaust.

not too sure on the PCV and auto tuner, but i'm pretty sure someone will chime in, i only know a little bit about PC3 and Bazzaz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts