Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if you can help with the following questions:

braided lines from either walfer, goodridge or spiegler...are the lengths of these cables custom cut for the 07 R6? Meaning, is it a tight fit or is there slack in the cables? Would the lines fit in the stock brake line/hose holders located at the front and the clamps located on the rear fender and swing arm? I like the current length of the OEM front and back lines and would like to know if the aftermarket ones are the same length.

reason why I am asking is because there is a local shop in my city that does custom fitting of braided lines and they will measure and cut the lines to the R6's current brake line length, however, the cost is about 60% more then the aftermarket ones mentioned above and I am trying to decide if it is worth the premium. The brake lines they use are from a manufacturer that makes lines for airplanes...not sure that also matters. Thanks in advance for your help.

btw...if you guys/gals have any pics of your brake lines, that would be most appreciated! have a good day!

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
FREN TUBO... ftmfw! if they're good enough for the GP guys, then they're good enough for me. check em out... call PJ at pj's parts (www.pjsparts.com) and tell him what you're looking for. they're italian, and they actually make their own hoses, fittings, crimps, etc. in house (unlike spiegler, galfer, or goodridge, who both "contract out" their hose production to some hydraulic company and simply put their names on it when they're ready ship).

if you want the best option for lines, go fren tubo. their type 2 lines are pimp (SS lines, with aluminum fittings), but you can get REALLY crazy and get up to the type 5 (carbon lines with titanium fittings). all it takes is money to get up to that point.

F R E N - T U B O ! ! !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts