Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!
This is my official first post on the site and I would like to thank everybody in advance for all the help!

Okay, well I have a 07' YZF-R6 with a full header, cat/servo delete?, and a Voodoo shorty slip on pipe. My bike was running fine for a while except for the low RPM hesitation. I did a little research on the symptoms and found a lot of answers but nothing definitive to my situation, especially now.
At first I could hear a slight skipping/hesitation between 1500-4000rpm but once I opened up the throttle the skip would stop and the bike would take off as if a turbo kicked in! I could deal with it at first BUT here recently, out of nowhere, I went to start my bike one morning and it ran like garbage for a few seconds then cut off and displayed code 36.
I looked it up and found out that it has to do with the #4 coil. Well, I went ahead and pulled all my coils and tested them (primary and secondary) and they were all within spec. But they were cold when I tested them. So I went ahead and actually cleaned all the contact points and switched #1 coil with the #4 coil and put everything back together.
When I started the bike it ran probably better than ever....until I decided to take a late night run to Walmart... When I tried starting ,my bike back up I got the code 36 again!!! So i repeated what I did before; broke it down, cleaned the contact points, and put it back together. Crunk right up...

I expect to see that code 36 pop up anytime now so can somebody please suggest what I should do to fix this? And by fixing this I hope it will correct the low RPM hesitation as well.
And and all help is much appreciated!

Below I attached a pic of a spot I noticed on my number 1 coil that looks like an arc burn spot maybe? Also I should mention these are the same coils I've had since I got the bike. And it has 14k miles according to the odometer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would definitely say you have a coil issue, how do your plugs look? You can also try the mist test if you can get her running, let it run up to temp spray each header and see if you have a difference in evaporation on each cylinder

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will do the 'mist test' today. And I actually bought a new plug just in case and replaced number 4 plug. The old plug looked fine when I pulled it though. I also ran each coil test through the diagnostic menu. I watched the old plug and it was getting a good spark every time. I could hear each plug spark as well. I still changed the plug on #4 though.
I will post the results of the mist test here in just a little bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I did the mist test and all cylinders are firing fine on startup. Each header boils the water off during the 'mist test'. I am going to take the bike out today to see if that damn code 36 pops up again and leaves me stranded on the side of the road...again. lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, my bike rode decent for about a total of 40 miles all together and then out of nowhere there pops up code 36 again! I called a local shop and the guy recommends me to check the pulse generator?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts