Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

So I finally pieced my bike back together after my accident and I have a couple of problems at the moment.

Problems
1) Tail light stays on ... Brake light doesn't come up when braking
2) High beams doesn't work
3) Windshield isn't flush (front plastics aren't flush either)

Picture Break Down
Picture 1: This is a picture of the right side (brake side) headlight cord with relay assembly. Everything is OK here.

Picture 2: Headlight cord is missing relay assembly. Does this power the high beam???

Picture 3: Gaps in both sides of plastic and windshield is not flush with auxiliary light.

Picture 4: Gap between windscreen and auxiliary light plastic.

I have checked the fuses and they are all good. I think the turn signals and tail light are on the same fuse right?

1) If i get the relay assembly for the left headlight cord, I'm hoping this is whats causing the high beam to not work.

2)As for the tail light, I'm not sure why the brake is not lighting up.

3) The gap in the windshield is something I've tried to fix for hours but to no avail. Do i have the wrong windshield year or something?

Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
***Update***

Even though no one replied to help ... I'll post up the solutions if anyone in the future runs into the same problems.

Alright cool. I think i pretty much got everything fixed or figured out at least.

1) Tail light stays on ... Brake light doesn't come up when braking
- This was due to my broken front brake lever. The part of the lever were it pushes the button broke off so the brakes were on 100% of the time.

2) High beams doesn't work
- Like other members stated, this is due to the missing relay assembly.

3) Windshield isn't flush (front plastics aren't flush either)
- Took plastics apart again and fitted it right. Needed to tuck in the windshield and make the clips go into the holes for plastic. Wow, that thing is a pain to put in though !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts