Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all-I've heard that if you want to do a slip-on with the 06-08 R6's that you need to do a PC as well (due to the exup system in the stock canister). However, would I need a PCIII if I was only adding a mid-pipe and leaving the stock canister? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
everywhere I called told me I had to get a full exhaust because of the cat. does anyone know how true that is?

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Hello all-I've heard that if you want to do a slip-on with the 06-08 R6's that you need to do a PC as well (due to the exup system in the stock canister). However, would I need a PCIII if I was only adding a mid-pipe and leaving the stock canister? Thanks in advance.
Technically, no. But u will see a HUGE difference in smoothness in the rpm. No jumping in the throttle kinda thing. When i had no PCIII installed on my midpipe/GYTR slip on... it would be real studdery on the throttle between 0-6000rpm an then would just kick in. Was really annoying. Once i got my PCIII installed... alot smoother..and crisp...from all ranges of rpm. It made that backfire sound WAY to much as well. PCIII almost eliminated that as well.

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
everywhere I called told me I had to get a full exhaust because of the cat. does anyone know how true that is?
What stores? As in bike shops? lol Thats what a midpipe is. Your cutting the cat out an adding a T-Tuner/Y-Pipe. (welded or clamped) Its not the safest route to go... ( all thou im a huge fan for mine lol ) but a full system is the same thing. Except with the headers different an the exhaust fully R & D (researched and Developed) an have warranty's an guarantee's and produce better results. A midpipe is ur HOME MADE full exhaust setup pretty much. No offense to them who do it.. i love it :)

Here's a pic of the stock exhaust... to MJS performance midpipe.

*notice its just with the cat. removed an an extra pipe welded an coated (pursay..don't jump all over me if im not legit with my wordings an such lol)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was fixing to order a midpipe for my 07 as well, but then landed on a thread that talked about a complete header install.
you will need a header from an 05. it is straight through and has no cat. you will only need to enlarge the flange holes, and cut about 5 inches off the pipe. I ordered one today from a guy and he shipped it to me for only 70 bucks shipping and all.
good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts