Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best midpipe for an 07 r6 w a TRC Yosh slip on? And upon installing will I need a PCIII???

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
MJSperformance hands down. Check out the site: http://www.mjsperformance.com/r60608raceheader.htm

Mike's awesome. Great customer service and his work is top notch. I just installed my header yesterday. It mounted up without any problems whatsoever. Huge weight savings and it sounds amazing with my Termi slip-on(pics and video clips to come).

To answer your other question, a PC3 is not mandatory with this midpipe since it's got an o2 sensor bung.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much does it cost? there are two different prices on the website. I seen 215 and 265. Not sure which one it is. And how much did it cost you to ship out?

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
428 Posts
How much does it cost? there are two different prices on the website. I seen 215 and 265. Not sure which one it is. And how much did it cost you to ship out?

It's $275 shipped to order one and $215 (shipped back to you) to have yours modded. Mike usually sells out pretty quick so you might want to either call or email him and find out if it's ok to place an order. From what I understand, he's always taking headers if you just want to have yours modded, and that's a 2 day turnaround.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
HBHarrison.... where are you??

He makes one and i beleive its cheper then MJP

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im going to send my headers in I believe. Im just wondering about the o2 sensor and whether or not I will need a power commander.

·
pop wheelies
1,615 Posts
I bought a t-tuner off ebay for 135 shipped, and it was brand new. Why spend the extra money? Just cut your cat off, and drill out the honeycomb in your stock header, and bolt it all up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont think I could accomplish all of that on my own lol I like the way he coats everything when he ships it back as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
the mjs header is really nice, put it on with my gytr can and bmc race filter w/no pcIII and the bike runs suprisingly well. No popping or blurps in throttle response. :YEA

·
pop wheelies
1,615 Posts
If your going to actually buy a header like that, why don't you just go with a full system? Not dogging his work or anything..

·
Registered
49 Posts
the full system i was looking at was like $900. This header with my gytr can came to $450. For now this will do for me. I can't imagine a crazy performance difference from the mjs header versus a full system. Maybe a hp or two but is it worth the money?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im thinking that a full system isnt worth the money either. The amount of HP gain isnt worth the price if you ask me. Im really leaning towards sending mine in unless some unforseen person says something that will make me think otherwise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts