Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 R6 with a PCV, autotune, and just got a QEM and quickshift set-up to go along with it. I am having some issues with the qucikshifter not working and I was wondering if the QEM may not be compatible with the 07 R6. Anyone running a PCV and quickshift successfully on an 06/07?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I could be wrong here but I believe the QEM is only needed if you have the Secondary Fuel Module. You didn't say you had the SFM so I would suggest unplugging the QEM and see if that helps.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You got it backwards, its not required if you have the SFM as the SFM controls the secondary injectors. My QEM is for an 09 R6 thats why I am wondering if it works on an 07.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
You got it backwards, its not required if you have the SFM as the SFM controls the secondary injectors. My QEM is for an 09 R6 thats why I am wondering if it works on an 07.

Actually to run a DJ QS, you need only ONE of these to go along with your PC.

QEM, OR SFM, OR Ignition Module.

You don't need more then one of those to work the PC.

So, as long as you have QEM... your good.

Just to eliminate the obvious things....

1) You have turned ON the QS option on your PCV Software..? Correct.?

2) Double checked all the connections, and wires (Make sure nothing got cut, or pulled out)

3) You have the Correct QS (Push or Pull type). to match your rear sets and shift pattern
They ONLY work in one direction.

:sing

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes its the correct ones, you guys cut the wires wrong so the "long and skinny" wires were short and skinny, and the "short and fat" wires were long and fat. I had the qem wired in backwards because I didnt check the width of the wires just the length. Its good now though.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Yes its the correct ones, you guys cut the wires wrong so the "long and skinny" wires were short and skinny, and the "short and fat" wires were long and fat. I had the qem wired in backwards because I didnt check the width of the wires just the length. Its good now though.

Strange. We have never seen DJ incorrectly wire a QEM.

But, at least you got it all taken care of. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts