Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have a question for you guys. Considering the time of year and knowing there are still some 07's out there. I was wondering if the price I was quoted is fair at the present time. I was given the price of $9200 out the door to include the 5 year warranty and the 5 year tire warranty. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can tell you that the dealership in the western suburbs of Chicago is advertising them now at $7295, so that's about $8600 out the door. I don't know how much the warranty is.

It's funny, I bought mine at the same dealership in the fall for $6995. Don't know why they raised the price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i wish i lived in an area that sold them so cheap...im buying an 07 next friday for 10, 200 out the door :mad:...best deal ive found around here so im getting it

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I got mine for 8200 OTD a couple months ago.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Im in central illinois and there is a brand new 07 R1 for 9300 at the same dealership i bought my bike at. Thats about what i paid for my 07 R6 last year too. Id say you are overpaying, but the 5 year warranty is a plus. I wouldnt care about the tire warranty too much, who wants to ride with stock tires for 5 years?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Okay I have a question for you guys. Considering the time of year and knowing there are still some 07's out there. I was wondering if the price I was quoted is fair at the present time. I was given the price of $9200 out the door to include the 5 year warranty and the 5 year tire warranty. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
that's off the sales managers(or whoever is in charge of pricing) sheet pricing.. you might have some room to haggle. that's the same price i was quoted a few days ago for a leftover '07. i'm working on an '08 for about 500 more otd + wholesale price on all of my gear.

bullshit the salesman and play the game, or the salesman will bullshit you and play you aswell. good luck, keep us posted.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was told they can put me on an '08 for only $500 more OTD. So basically $8700. Their saying the '07 is $8200 before adding on the warranties. But yes I will keep you guys informed. We are thinking if we can't find a reasonable enough deal on an '07 we will probably just wait until September or so and get a '08.

But please if anyone else has any more input feel free to post.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Personally, I am not a fan of "brand new" when it comes to vehicles. Why not get a slight used 07? You can get a better deal that way. I got mine for $6500, 1200 miles, 1yr warranty and a few mods. But if you must have a new one, I say wait for the 08.

·
one goal.one vision
311 Posts
Personally, I am not a fan of "brand new" when it comes to vehicles. Why not get a slight used 07? You can get a better deal that way. I got mine for $6500, 1200 miles, 1yr warranty and a few mods. But if you must have a new one, I say wait for the 08.
damn you :lmao i got an 06 with 1200 miles on it for $6500, no warrenty and the only mod is a comp werks FE..but this is also GA so i would say thats a good price for this state and all but that was a killer deal you got !!

oh and about the new bike..sorry yammy ppl (i love yamaha too) but i was about to get a 07 zx6 for 7100 OTD about 7500 with sales tax when it got back to GA...you also need to factor in you will have to service the bike for the break-in period so thats more $$...im with misterjj on getting a slightly used bike for cheaper thats just past breakin period ..but i also understand the new bike urge since it will be brand new and you will know every single mile put on it

·
Registered
313 Posts
I bought mine in January (2008) and it was $8350 out the door.:fact

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just to let you know man, Yamaha's have the highest re-sale value of any other bike manufacture. So Yamaha's are always going to be the priciest of the sportbikes, as far as comparable models are concerned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts