Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys ... I've got a problem and was hoping I can get some input before I start pulling my bike apart to try and solve this problem. I 've got an 07/R6 w/about 9k miles on her. Just recently I've made some cosmetic changes (don't make enough coin to do anything else yet), I bought a graves exhaust tip, hid 6k lumen light kit, and some asv shorty clutch and brake levers. Ever since I've made these changes my bike randomly shuts off when I am running above 6-8 rpms'. I pull the clutch lever all the way in (i.e. coming to a stop sign and/or light) and the bike shuts off.
Now this usually only happens about 1 out of every 10 times ... aside from it being irritating ... i'm concerned about the potential dangers that this can cause.

·
Texas... need I say more?
349 Posts
Might be time for a set of spark plugs. I will be trying this on my bike soon. Manual says to change them out every 8kmiles. Seems like a common problem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine does this when it's cold, never figured it was much of a problem, just a sign to take it easy till she warmed up. But I'm no expert, just interested in everyone else' comments

·
Registered
16 Posts
mine happens when it is warm/hot too. makes no difference but it is intermittent. Happens about 6 times out of 30 stops. (live in San Francisco so there are alot of stops). Other times it will just idle really rough. Only started happening rigtht after i got my levers installed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there, I have an 06 R6 and I had the same problem I when I first got mine 52,000kms ago. It may sound stupid but check your key is turned all the way on, as far as it can go. Turn it off on off on firmly (dont break it) to loosen it up a little.

When I first had mine it died a few times. The key looked as if it was turned all the way on but if I turned it just that little bit more it clicked another half a millimeter. I think they are just sticky ignition barrels from new. That was my issue anyway. Hope this helps :)

ps. I have also heard to not have more than one key next to the ignition barrel while it is running as this can do similar things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts