Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Posted awhile back about a sputter/ cutting out issue I was having and it only really did it in first gear. Ok so if the bike is in neutral and I slowly twist the throttle it's fine. But once I get moving right around 6k Rpms it starts cutting out/sputtering with a slight power loss. Once the Rpms get a little higher it smooths out. Now when I first bought the bike it did not do it then it randomly started doing it just in first and now it's doing it in 2nd 3d 4th etc. the bike is stock besides a midpipe into scorpion silencer and I don't have a PC, friend said it always ran fine without one. Now the midpipe has a small exhaust leak and I doubt that could be causing my issue . Always run 93 or 91 no ethanol in it. Any help would be appreciated!

Like I said it seems like the problem got worse and I'm starting to get nervous to even drive it. Also I don't really notice it if I take off in first gear [email protected] to the wall right through the gears. I notice it the most if I'm slowly rolling on the throttle while in gear and moving. Even if it's in gear but not moving it doesn't do it then.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's weird because it doesn't do it at all unless I'm moving and slowly rolling on the throttle. A little hard to explain but it feels like it wants to fall on it's face and then smooths out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts