Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Your mom eats my r6!!!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured since I'm gonna be ordering parts soon, minus well make a journal on it to keep track of progress.

I'm gonna start with performance mods, and when I'm through there, then I will work on the cosmetics. Not that it looks bad now, I just wanna eventually switch over to majority carbon fiber.

At the moment, this is how she sits... With 14k miles.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycling

And these are the parts in my list to order. Should have em anywhere from two weeks to a month from now...
Text Font Line Screenshot
Font
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle racer Motorcycle Motorcycle racing
Product Auto part Automotive lighting Vehicle Wheel

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Quick shifter?

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
QS on the street seems pointless to me. But, it's your $$$ spend it as you choose. Good luck with the build.

·
Your mom eats my r6!!!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I won't take it to the track in fear of wrecking it. I practically just enjoy the build. And to know that my r6 could smoke any 600 around my area... IF I wanted it to. Lol. I guess it's about as logical as owning a Bugatti, IMO.

The way I see it is this, that next guy that buys it may want a track weapon. Why not have it all ready for him when he gets it.

·
Your mom eats my r6!!!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got a y pipe (2 to 1) cat delete from a buddy of mine. Saves me quite a bit of change. Now I reckon I'm in the market for just a slip on. Prolly gonna go akrapovic or graves considering the amount of cash I saved from not having to order the full exhaust.

·
Your mom eats my r6!!!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a pc3 already. I'm gonna get my ecu flashed and fuel map added. Brake lines are core moto. I just went stock 525. Had a 520 on my r1 and didn't really feel it made too much of a noticeable difference... Weight loss is irrelevant. As long as it looks good Motor vehicle Motorcycle Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motorcycle fairing

·
Your mom eats my r6!!!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Like I said... Didn't feel like 525 instead of 520 would've made too much of a drastic difference. Hell... It comes with a 525 stock. Maybe yamaha is the person u should ask, not me... Lol. Thanks for checking out my thread bromigo.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Like I said... Didn't feel like 525 instead of 520 would've made too much of a drastic difference. Hell... It comes with a 525 stock. Maybe yamaha is the person u should ask, not me... Lol. Thanks for checking out my thread bromigo.

It makes a difference with a gear change which is what most people do when looking for performance.

·
Your mom eats my r6!!!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's been a while since I have posted. Since my last post, I have gotten the ecu flashed by vcyclenut. I have put egr smog block off plates, Bmc race air filter (unrestricted), gytr slip on, black double bubble windscreen, pro grips, new bar ends, wrapped my exhaust w/exhaust wrap, preload adjusters, powder coated my rearsets gloss black, changed my third eye light to a red led, got my suspension set by a pro, both fork seals have been replaced with new ones, brand new set of pilot power 3's on the bike, and currently (for the holidays) rockin reindeer antlers on my mirrors. As a father of three girls, the love the antlers. I am waiting on a pair of gold CNc mirrors and some stickers from bullseye vynil. Getting the sticker for the third eye that just shows the tuning forks, and their stickers for the plastic pieces in the left and right side of the swing arm. I'll go snap some pics in the morning, but for now, I leave u with this pic. Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Headlamp Automotive lighting
Vehicle Auto part Automotive exhaust Car Exhaust system
Land vehicle Automotive tire Alloy wheel Tire Motor vehicle

As seen in the above picture, I also got a license plate relocater that moved it to the swing arm, and while this next pic isn't necessarily a mod, it's something I added that I have definitely earned to be put in the bike... Finger Hand Wallet Thumb Nail

One thing I wanna add to my bike in the next month or so is this... Suspension part Pen Office supplies Torch Writing implement

I'm pretty sure I will be getting the red one. It's just been tough lately putting cash back. Me and my wife our expecting another daughter that will be here jan 18th.

I guess that's about it for my update. I'll see if I can snap some pics of the bike to post tomorrow.

·
Your mom eats my r6!!!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm sure there were a few other mods I forgot to mention. Like the removal and replacement of turn signals with a led strip an the frame plugs, but there has definitely been some progress since last post.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts