Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 07 R6 from a friend. It sat for about 2 years in a garage with clutch issues. Ran fine when parked as far as the engine goes. My friend put new clutch plates in and changed the oil just before I bought it. He didn't install the clutch right, so I bought a new EBC clutch kit and put it in. Clutch issue is solved. Before riding it for the first time, I checked the oil and thought it looked a little too full. I started the bike and let it warm up some, then rode it about a block when it started pouring white smoke from the exhaust. I turned it off immediately and pushed it back. When I got back to my shop, I removed the dipstick and oil came spewing out. When it finally stopped, it still showed full to the top of the stick. I drained the oil and let it sit but never got any separation like you do when coolant is present. It had a fuel smell, but that's somewhat normal. Any ideas, advice, or experience similar to this? Anything would be appreciated. Thacks!

· Registered
4,111 Posts
If it's running too poorly, may have to manually clean up (or replace) the plugs' center and side electrode tips. Might've been sucked up into the intake. Clean out the crankcase ventilation, vent tube, intake. Clean and re-oil the filter. Start it up to smoke it out. It's still going to smoke for a while after restart but should clear up eventually. No need to revv the engine until it's hot/smooth enough to begin burning it off.

· YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,707 Posts
Burning oil is grey not white. But either way you will smell the oil.

· Registered
12 Posts
if you're making oil, then it is either water or oil filling the sump. If you drained the oil and it wasn't milky coloured (water) then it is fuel, but it'd have to be a lot of fuel getting past the rings to fill the whole motor. Maybe lift the tank, raise the airbox lid and run it and see what the injectors are spraying like. How did it sound and what was it running like?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts