Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
The dealer I went to had some new 07s in stock, stated it would be able $9k out the door. The sticker on the 08s were around $9600ish (before tax and title). Should I just pass on the 07 and get the 08 ??

·
Registered
52 Posts
Considering the amount of improvements(fifty) made over the '07 model, and the recent raving reviews about how much better the '08 is than the '07, I'd go with the '08. I just got one, my first streetbike ever. I used to race flat track on a 750 Yamaha twin and thought that bike hauled ass. Nothing like this R6! I've had it 3 weeks now, have already gone 170mph and have the "chicken strip" down to about 1/4 inch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
07 are going for 8k in houston. i should know. i just bought one last week. 9K for an 07? they're pulling ur neck. gl.

also, performance advantage on the 08model is minimal. thats why i choose the 07 for 2K less.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
07 are going for 8k in houston. i should know. i just bought one last week. 9K for an 07? they're pulling ur neck. gl.

also, performance advantage on the 08model is minimal. thats why i choose the 07 for 2K less.
It was just under $9k out the door, tax, title and everything. The 08 was at like $9600ish before tax and title.

I was just in looking around a few days ago, I was going to talk them down. Any good pointers for talking them down ?? Also would I have any play with an 08 ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
man get the 07 for that much in the savings. The 08' is a great bike but the differences are minimal. Major improvements my ass.....minor brush ups.....new engine, yes but....overall your splitting hairs imo..but its your call...demo ride maybe??? I own an 06, which is the same as an 07, my pal owns an 08' which i have driven......like the 08 for its improved low end and that would be about it, nothing a $150 sprocket kit on the 07 can't take care of. Other than that no diff....

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Best bet is to ride both, and see which one you prefer. The 08's have a better low end, and some minor improvements. If your a novice rider like myself, you prob won't notice the differences that much.

·
Registered
428 Posts
man get the 07 for that much in the savings. The 08' is a great bike but the differences are minimal. Major improvements my ass.....minor brush ups.....new engine, yes but....overall your splitting hairs imo..but its your call...demo ride maybe??? I own an 06, which is the same as an 07, my pal owns an 08' which i have driven......like the 08 for its improved low end and that would be about it, nothing a $150 sprocket kit on the 07 can't take care of. Other than that no diff....
Yep.. I faced this decision a month ago.. I demo'd the 08 and decided to go for the 07 because I couldnt really notice much difference apart from the low end.. plus I preferred the titanium to any of the 08 colours and the lower fairings of the 08's were a bit plane for my liking compared to the 07.. In my personal opinion the looks, colour and price of the 07 outweigh the just a better low end.. just my 2 cents..

·
El Speedy Gozales
924 Posts
uhh :eek:oh

Updated frame, swingarm, forks, shock, revised YCC-T, NEW YCC-I, over 50 internal engine updates including wider crank bearings (06/07's are known to have crank issues) More compression, better low-midrange power, updated riding position.. They made everything that was good about the 06/07's better and more reliable, so I don't think your "splitting hairs" here... I would go with the 08 hands down.. In my area they go for 9k-9200 OTD for an 08.. I had an 06 and there IS a difference !

·
My R6 eats bugs
253 Posts
not to say that you dont know anything but the differences are big yes. but what is felt is minimal. those changes make a difference on the track not on the street. i got my 07 for 9300 out the door with free A* jacket. i got the charcoal r6. they wanted close to 10.7 for the 08. the price diff outweighed the 50 changes.

·
El Speedy Gozales
924 Posts
I noticed a big diff. during break in riding around town and NOT at the track, The bike runs smoother, has more low end to mid range grunt and I don't have to worry about crank issues.. All +++ for street riding, I would assume that at the track it will be even better. I do like the Charcoal 07, I think its the best color combo (next to the Euro Red/white) but if you can't buy a 08 for between $9k - $9.5k than I guess go with the 07 Either way I think the R6 is one of the best bikes out on the road today and you can't go wrong but shop around for a better price on an 08, you'll find something and you'll be glad you did.. Maybe its just me but I have yet to take my bike to the track and I have felt the differences between my 06 and my new 08

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree with JTRC51 100%. I bought an 08 after riding friends 07 a few times & tough I am still in the break in period there is definitely a difference. The only part of 08 I hate is the exhaust (look & sound). But that's easy to fix.
Either way, it's FUN FUN FUN...
Good luck

·
Registered
428 Posts
the 07 will depreciate alot faster. So get GAP insurance. I would pick the 08. Wait a minute I did.
Nothing loses money like something new.. Sure an 07 will be worth less.. because it was worth less in the first place.. I've already seen used 08's down to 9k with just break in miles..

·
Registered
5 Posts
my buddy just got an 08 from the Yamaha dealer up off of 1960 on the northside in Houston for a lil over 9k. i got my 01 R6 for 3200 TTL included. Im much happier than him :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I noticed a big diff. during break in riding around town and NOT at the track, The bike runs smoother, has more low end to mid range grunt and I don't have to worry about crank issues.. All +++ for street riding, I would assume that at the track it will be even better. I do like the Charcoal 07, I think its the best color combo (next to the Euro Red/white) but if you can't buy a 08 for between $9k - $9.5k than I guess go with the 07 Either way I think the R6 is one of the best bikes out on the road today and you can't go wrong but shop around for a better price on an 08, you'll find something and you'll be glad you did.. Maybe its just me but I have yet to take my bike to the track and I have felt the differences between my 06 and my new 08
This is what I was hoping for. Hopefully I will get my 08 soon. THanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would say 8500 otd for the 07 is better based on the prices where I am. as for the 08 07 dilemma, your on your own they are both great bikes. Another thing to think about is the gas tank problem the 06-07 had when crashing at the track

·
Zombies may bite!!!!
1,182 Posts
jump on my 07 and I bet you pick mine over an 08.....lol

Sorry, I'm just messing.

:dog

1 - 20 of 23 Posts