Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike randomly has trouble starting. Sometimes it will fire up and that would be that while other times it'll start, turn, then immediately die. At this point, I have to hold the throttle a bit to feed it gas and then once it's warmed up for 5 seconds or so, it will be alright. SLIGHTLY bouncy idle, fluctuates in a 300rpm range. I'm still trying to diagnose it and I ended up reading how the TPS could the culprit.

With the 3rd gen bikes, I've read that it's a sealed unit. Ran the diag of it and I have a min of 15 and a max of 93. Max should be 96(7)-100. Should I take it out, clean and adjust? Cleaning the TPS looks much easier on the 2005 and earlier bikes.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Just hold the start button till it actually runs. Most r6's stumble for a second. And once it stalls or fails to start, if it isn't warmed up all the way, it has trouble restarting as you describe.

And 93-94 is common man. I set one up this weekend after a motor swap. We just pressed on the arm that operates the butterflies and it read 100 after that no problem.

In diag mode you'll see the blades open with the throttle turn. Hold it wide open and press a bit on the arm on the clutch side of the tbs and you'll see 100 after that I bet.

In the end I doubt it is TPS related and more an issue of getting to know the bike better.

:YEA

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

btw, the flashed ecu I got from you is BAUCE AS ****! lol

Now do I continue to hold the start button while it's idling (just for 4-5 seconds)? or can that damage anything?

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
you, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

btw, the flashed ecu I got from you is BAUCE AS ****! lol

Now do I continue to hold the start button while it's idling (just for 4-5 seconds)? or can that damage anything?

:cheers

Just hold the starter button. And then you hear the initial fire up, then it stumbles and fires again. Once the second fire is in there and it starts running let off. You'll see exactly what I mean man. All of em do this that I deal with. Once it is hot 165+ you can usually get away with a quick stab at the button.

I'm glad you're lovin the flash!! BRAAAAAAPPP!

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
just to add to that.. ya may want to set the far right side tps to DO:1 -"18" with throttle closed. holding the start button for a few seconds seems to be needed on many 3rd gen bikes. tps diag DO:1 of "15" is barely in range, but set to 18.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:cheers

Just hold the starter button. And then you hear the initial fire up, then it stumbles and fires again. Once the second fire is in there and it starts running let off. You'll see exactly what I mean man. All of em do this that I deal with. Once it is hot 165+ you can usually get away with a quick stab at the button.

I'm glad you're lovin the flash!! BRAAAAAAPPP!

Tried this out today... And sure enough it worked. Fired... Bogged then fired up again. Good stuff!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts