Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive talked to a few vendors that sell vstacks, and they've said that i could buy the vstacks for the 05 and mod the bike to fit these. Does anyone know how to do this?

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts
wast of money alone, you won't see a difference

now if you go v stacks, slide stops, full exhaust, iginition advance, filter, and got a custom tune, then it would make a difference.

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts

now if you go v stacks, slide stops, full exhaust, iginition advance, filter, and got a custom tune, then it would make a difference.
Nah I dont think the 06+ can use slide stops cause they use injection. read it smewhere on the forum. I could be wrong. Ignition advance.. where do they go on the bike? Do u need a Dynojet ignition module to do this or is there another method?

·
Registered
90 Posts

Alot of people don't have the money to just go out and buy everything at once....i'd go ahead and buy the V Stacks, stick them on and work your way towards the other mods listed above....

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
i dont think we can do vstack or slide stop on the 06... i mean technically i guess we could, but i also read somewhere and talked to a few people, they are worthless due to the design of our intake. I def could be wrong though. I was goign to do them but was persued to go other routes.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I would think they would restrict more than help with the design of the intake. Unless you want every single last tenth of hp out of the bike I wouldn't get them and if you do want every single last tenth of hp out of it then I wouldn't start with those. IMO

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well to vstacks arent made for the 06+ yet, so those would have to wait. thats too bad though, cause they are the only thing im waiting for till i tune it. already got everything else (performance wise) i can get for that bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts