Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few questions me and a buddy of mine are having a debate over. Please help us end this...

These couple questions are very very VERY general.

1. Which one is a better choice for a newer rider.
2. Which one is generally faster.
3. Which one is easier to handle.

Thanks for the input....

·
Registered
11 Posts
the kawasaki is a lighter bike but it doesnt have the precision handling and steering that the R6 has the yamaha steers better and feels alot lighter when you drive it tis not as street geared as itr id for the track i would take the yamaha over the kawasaki for both street and strip..

·
RU R6
1,206 Posts
Man, that is a can-o-worms. I'll be honest, it's ALL personal preference. I think the ZX6 may be better for shorter riders because the R6 has a higher seat height = more comfort during commutes and city traffic.

The R6 is pure performance, less was translated from the race bike to the street bike. But the ZX6 was tuned down alot to make more street friendly. When you get the R6, you know you're getting the closest thing to the race bikes than any of the other middle-weights out there.

Personally, I think the ZX6 front end is butt ugly. I don't think Kawasaki's make a quality engine like Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuk.

1. Which one is a better choice for a newer rider. CBR
2. Which one is generally faster. GSXR
3. Which one is easier to handle. R6

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's all personal preference man. I think their all fairly close when it comes to handling and performance. So which bikes exterior appearance do you prefer?

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
1. Which one is a better choice for a newer rider. Neither
2. Which one is generally faster. 03-06 ZX-6R has a slightly bigger engine
3. Which one is easier to handle. R6
The above responses depend on what you mean by "newer rider." If neither of you has taken an MSF course or ever owned your own bike, neither one is a good bike to start with. Borrowing a friend's bike for a ride around the block (or a few hours) doesn't count.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Its always about personal preference. However in my opinion Yamaha takes the cake. The new 08 R6 is beating the GSXR 750's now and with the incorperated Y-CCT and Y-CCI the power is unreal. As for comfort im only 5'7" and i can handle the 366 pounds of the R6 without a problem on the balls of my feet. Yes i do understand you are talking about the 07 R6 but if ur still on the fence about what to buy wait a few more months let the 09s come out then get a discounted 08 you wont be disappointed

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
That's kind of like asking what do you prefer blonde, brunette, red head, or raven... It all comes down to the rider and the ability they have to get the most out of the bike. If you had Rossi on all 4 bikes you would know the difference in a heart beat. For a newbie to say what is better play rock paper scissors...... Try each bike to see what fits you best is all I can truthfully answer. Until you get track days, and experience it doesn't matter. But I am biased and prefer my poisen in the Yamaha, or Ducati form.... Just have fun, and keep the sunny side up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts