Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
a few of my friends have gixxer 750's while I on the other hand decided to steer clear of suzukis and i bought an 07 r6. In a straight line i get the jump and hold my own but after i shift 5th the 750 starts creeping past anyone else beat 750's all the way??

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
750 should def win in a straight line. I have an 07, and the low/mid range is now match for the 750.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
An R6 will not beat a GSXR750, unless it is a 1986 750. With equally skilled riders, the R6 does not have a chance. The GSXR has low end power that no amount of regearing on the R6 can compensate for without castrating the top end speed. It also has more midrange and top end power. The 750 is simply a more powerful bike.

If you are beating them off the line, it is you, not the bike.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
An R6 will not beat a GSXR750, unless it is a 1986 750. With equally skilled riders, the R6 does not have a chance. The GSXR has low end power that no amount of regearing on the R6 can compensate for without castrating the top end speed. It also has more midrange and top end power. The 750 is simply a more powerful bike.

If you are beating them off the line, it is you, not the bike.
which is all he probably wanted to hear...

·
Jet noise in the morning
578 Posts
on a side note...andrew why are you so far up on the tank in your pic..

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I smoked a buddy of mine on a 750...

We were hittin the curves hard and i got him good with the 6...He held with me on the first curve but then after that it was over!

You're not gonna beat a 750 in a drag unless they're retarded...drags suck anyway

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
mmm 750 shouldnt have any trouble keeping up to a 6 in twisties either should it? giving both riders the same skill level.

i thought the 750 was on a 6 frame, and its only like 12 pounds heavier which is all motor weight anyways...and that 12 pounds can easily be dismissed as rider weights are usually not close either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts