Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike was crashed then repaired. It was running great, no codes, started right up. I changed out the tank because I got a newly painted one. Simple swap. Now it won't start. I can hear the pump run, battery is charged. It just won't turn over. Still no codes. What am I missing?
Oh, 07 R6.

·
Administrator
200 Posts
Sounds like a fueling issue, especially since you replaced the tank. Take the tank off again and my sure everything is connected correctly and that the fuel line isn't pinched.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a fueling issue, especially since you replaced the tank. Take the tank off again and my sure everything is connected correctly and that the fuel line isn't pinched.
After I posted this, it went out and it ran a code 39. I double checked the connections to the pump, white to the front, green to the back. The lines have a nice curve, not pinched.

·
Registered
9 Posts
After I posted this, it went out and it ran a code 39. I double checked the connections to the pump, white to the front, green to the back. The lines have a nice curve, not pinched.
test the fuel pump motor to see if its sending out enough gas. you might be able to hear it prime. but it could be a weak motor and its not sending enough fuel.

spray some starter fluid in your air filter and try cranking it see what happens. if it cranks it most likely the fuel pump motor.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,451 Posts
Kill, side stand, clutch switches..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
test the fuel pump motor to see if its sending out enough gas. you might be able to hear it prime. but it could be a weak motor and its not sending enough fuel.

spray some starter fluid in your air filter and try cranking it see what happens. if it cranks it most likely the fuel pump motor.
I did fix it. I checked all connections from the fuel injectors back to the ecu. Something must have had a back connection but its fine now and no codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts