Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I eat my R6.
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've noticed that this is a controversial topic so I wanted to make my own thread about it side I've read a few threads about it but never saw any results on the topic. I like to buy and fix wrecked bikes so currently I have an 07 r6 and an 05 r1 with a spare motor and while drinking in the shop with a friend I noticed that in 05 the r1's frame is skinnier than previous years so I got to thinking and looking at the r6 and the mounts on the head of the r6 are actually wider than the mounts on the r1 so in theory if the bolt holes would line up than the r1 motor should fit into the r6 frame and you would just have to swap the harnesses and such. I'm going to test the theory out tomorrow and try to put the r1 motor in the r6 frame.
I don't see a reason why Yamaha would make it that simple but alas I'm stubborn and have to see for myself. Let the pessimistic and optimistic comments flow forth!

·
Registered
380 Posts
in for pics, and eventual frustration/quitting. many have pondered, I think one guy actually had custom brackets made to make it do-able. why not just buy an R1 lol :popcorn:

·
Smooth
298 Posts
There was this one guy that had a custom r6 that he was gonna send his bike off and have some company do the swap and etc, etc had some big post about it. then the shop came on the forum and was like we never said we were going to do it. kid got caught in a lie i thought it was pretty funny. Oh but good luck OP.

·
I eat my R6.
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in for pics, and eventual frustration/quitting. many have pondered, I think one guy actually had custom brackets made to make it do-able. why not just buy an R1 lol :popcorn:
I do have an r1 lol but I also thought hey if it's not too much trouble why not. But of course as I figured it didn't line up right so there goes another drunken idea down the toilet. Here's what I did with my last r1 after wrecking it. R1 buggy test hill silver lake: http://youtu.be/Xg422UBmkKk built it from the frame up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts