Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I've had my bike about a month now, put close to 1000 miles on it, so break in being over I decided to see what she could do.

Only problem is, I am running it to 13 K when pulling away and the front is not coming up at all. Today when merging onto the highway I could feel the front start getting quite "light", but I'm not sure if this was just the forks decompressing or the tire actually coming off the ground.

Reading the posts saying that the front should come up after 6K makes me think wtf is wrong with my bike:BS

I doubt its because of my weight lol, since I only weigh 190 ish.

Please help!

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
13 k is too high to power wheelie it... You're out of the power band up there, and your rear tire is chasing your front tire too much to make it come up in a power wheelie.

·
Registered
998 Posts
What gear were you in? Merging onto the highway? Don't do it on the streets, especially if you don't know how. In first, go up to about 8 grand for a sec, then WOT. It will come up, just don't loop it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yeah its better to be on a straight flat strip of road where you can go back and forth. at about 8 or so you should be able to just give it a quick roll of the throttle and it should just come up.... keep practicing though. it definately takes time.

·
Building a Zombie
66 Posts
:lmao dude i juss roll in 2nd gear @ bout 7k n bounce it twice and thottle n tadaa... uve got a pow pow power whoolie....:lmao :party

·
Bluer Than You!
1,595 Posts
I can clutch mine in 1st (-1 front) but second it just wont come up. I think I am gonna have to try staggering.

·
I love German beer.
72 Posts
I can confirm the power wheel on an 07 doesn't work, I have tried @8K, 9K, 10K and even pulling with it. I just doesn't come up. I have clutched it up in first, rolling at about 4 give it 11-12K and it comes up, not much though.

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
I Have The Stock The Gear Ratio And I Can Only Sit Down And Clutch The Wheelie In First...but That Is Good For Now!!!

·
Bluer Than You!
1,595 Posts
I have clutched it up in first, rolling at about 4 give it 11-12K and it comes up, not much though.
try it at around 6 or 7k. I have brought it to about 11 o clock at that rpm clutching it

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you think you cant power wheelie on the 07 r6 your not trying hard enough.
Stay in 1st, keep your foot away from the gear shifter to avoid subconsiously shifting to 2nd, cover the rear brake, get your revs to around 6k or 7k, grow some balls and pin the throttle. If your a bit on the heavy side, when the revs get to around 8k or 10k a short quick roll off the throttle then roll it back on hard again. It will come up!!!

The 06, 07 r6 will power wheelie in 1st gear when enticed properly.
Shit i've done it by accident, so if ya trying to do it on purpose and struggling, try harder.

·
Building a Zombie
66 Posts
LMFAO well if the POW POW POWER WHOOOLIE aint workin 4 yall the juss CLUTCH the FCKER good and itll b sure 2 come up:lmao

·
Bluer Than You!
1,595 Posts
PS doin it it in 1st n ur ass iz askin 3 LOOP n buyin new parts all over AGAIN......LMFAO:D
ya i'm working it up in 2nd. clutched it standing up but only got up a foot or so. I think i'm gonna try staggering and doing it in 2nd.

·
VVVVVVRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMM
221 Posts
I did a power wheelie once on my 07 R6... I had been riding it pretty hard for about 30 minutes.. came out of a sharp curve still had it in 1st... gave it all it had and got it up like a good foot and a half... It's stock.. Hasn't happened since but every once and awhile when I accelerate really hard I can get the front tire up a few inches without power clutching. My girlfriend was the one to originally tell me I was lifting the tire up.. I had no clue.

·
my r6 eats me
89 Posts
i must not be meant to do any wheelies on this bike. Iv been trying to clutch it up in first and second. ill cruise at about 6 slip the clutch up to 10-12 and it still does nothing

·
Bluer Than You!
1,595 Posts
i must not be meant to do any wheelies on this bike. Iv been trying to clutch it up in first and second. ill cruise at about 6 slip the clutch up to 10-12 and it still does nothing
you have to really fling the clutch. idk y people say slip it, u need to drop the clutch for it to what u want.

·
Registered
107 Posts
hmm just tried it from 6 to 8k in first gear and then wot and nothing, i tried clutching it in 2nd but i think i figured out why its not working. i got to roll the throttle as i let go of the clutch... am i right?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Drop that clutch like it is hot! Your timing is probably out or something when you are clutching it up. Practice practice practice!

·
Registered
208 Posts
yea i tried powering it up in first this past weekend (07 r6).. only got a few inches out of it. tried at every thinkable rpm from 7k -12k. im not gonna clutch it up yet cuz knowin me ill flip the dam thing over.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts