Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2007 r6 off Craigslist and it doesn't run. I bought purchased a new battery and still nothing. It won't even attempt to crank. I know there are other threads about not starting but mine wont even turn over. Put new battery an still nothing all gauges power up and tail lights come on but not the headlights. Every time I hit the starter it just clicks I'm assuming its the starter relay. I haven't checked any voltages cause it won't run. I read about the rectifier but I don't wanna spend money on the wrong parts.

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
Did you check all of your fuses? Lol idk where to even begin. Good luck though. I'm sure you'll figure it out soon enough. Plus someone on here probably went through this and will give you good advice.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Formerly UnknownResource
490 Posts
If its clicking, I'd assume starter relay. Had one go out on an old Raptor 660, and would start it by taking a screwdriver and touching the terminals on the relay together.

sent while on the move

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dont know what all your bike has connected, but I had a similar issue with mine, hit the start button and it clicks and my gauges would shut off, all it ended up being was a bad ground connection on my PCIII cleaned the connector and its worked fine since, let us know if you have any other than stock electronics might be able yo help you out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so got a multimeter and a battery tender. Fully charged battery and its reading 13 Volts and with the ignition on it drops to like 12.5. When I hit the start button relay clicks and then whines and power drops down to like 8.5. I don't have any other electrical mods. I tried bypassing the starter relay by connecting and still starter doesn't spin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts