Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Alphamale
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone chime in on the body and performance characteristics of the '07 R6r.

To what other model R6 is the R6r similar in terms of bodywork and performance.

I am considering a purchase but I need to know what year and model of bodywork to buy and I would like to know what I am gaining or loosing in performance over the conventional R6.

Thank you in advance.

·
Alphamale
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think your link should cover the specs . . . now, I just need to find a consensus on which year of conventional R6 race bodywork I can fit correctly on the '07 R6r without modification

Thank you sir for the link!

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Pssst.... the R6(R) was only made in 2003.

The 2007 R6 is pretty much identical to the 2006 model. In 2008 they made some minor changes to the fairings and to eek out a little more power. In 2009 and later the power went back down slightly due to emissions restrictions.

The 3rd generation R6 (what you're incorrectly referring to as the 'r' model, 06+) is quite a bit different than the 2nd generation (03-05 and 06+ R6S). It's lighter, revs higher, has more top end and less mid-range and has more aggressive, track-oriented ergonomics.

Wikipedia has a great breakdown on the concrete specs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_R6

·
Premium Member
20,435 Posts
:popcorn:

must......resits.....the .....urge.....

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I think your link should cover the specs . . . now, I just need to find a consensus on which year of conventional R6 race bodywork I can fit correctly on the '07 R6r without modification

Pretty sure 2006 and 2007 are the only years that will work with 0 modification.

·
RIP Super Sic
3,209 Posts

I have 08+ Armour Bodies on my 07 :secret
You need the front fairing stay and subframe and your good for race bodywork only. It gets tricky when you want to change it for stock bodywork.

·
Premium Member
20,435 Posts

Judging by your sig you won't last long

1 - 12 of 12 Posts