Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

This is probably a topic that has been discussed ad nauseum but the search function didn't turn up exactly the info I was looking for.

I'm looking to replace my crashed '09 R6 and I have a lead on a couple of '07s (non R6S') for a good price. My question is, regarding the differences in forks, subframes and seat position between the 07 and 08+ models, what appreciable difference is there in riding style and handling, and would I really be able to notice anything in switching from my '09? Baring, of course, the fact that an older bike is more likely to have been abused.

I'm not a track guy, yet, but I do want to get something that I can build into a decent streetable track bike. Everything I've read has pretty much said go for a newer bike, but if I can get a deal AND have a good machine, I'll be happy.

Thanks,

Ty

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
too many threads already to discuss all the differences, but there is a very good reason the 08+ bikes sell for more than the 06-07. Aside form more feel from the 08+, the missing 10-15HP in the midrange is found.
if just street riding not a huge deal, but the missing midrange power will be noticeable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts