Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: This has slowly turned into a thread where i basically post any pictures from trackdays or upgrades to my bike. the first couple pages are minor crash repairs but there are some decent pics a little later :D. enjoy!

like a lot of u guys, i'm learning as i go, so feel free to post up or PM me any questions

So i've learned that track days aren't races the hard way. i came in with the wrong attitude and left completely humbled. lesson learned. either way, i plan on slowly putting together a new set of OEM plastics for street riding (using ebay and the likes) so i can use my bruised up set for track days only. i'm also planning to cover the turn signals, headlights, and taillight cutouts to create an oem/track hybrid type set of fairings. this little project might last all summer, but i will hopefully accomplish everything i have planned asap. :D The goal for now is to get it up and running...

Some pre-track day pics:
Wheels off to get tires mounted

Fresh new pair of shoes :D

The only pic from the day i have riding sofar. this was one of my first sessions ever and i was a little hesitant to lean off the bike. i never wore a full suit before and felt like i was gonna slip off the tank. i think i might be ordering some stompgrips soon

And post-pics:
Oh poor bike

Sliders ftw

A little bit of bike rash :(

Removed the broken fairing stay. new one is on it's way

Not too bad. a tank slider might just do the trick here

Lots of broken tabs and mounting points. Gonna get a whole new headlight assembly from a guy who just removed his from a race bike

To make things worse, i stripped the oil pan when tightening the drain bolt for a routine change. Things just started to snowball outta control i guess :nono. Either way, the new pan is on it's way and i'm gonna heli-coil the old one as an emergency spare.

Updates to follow as soon as i start to get 'er back together.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. i'm not really looking for any sympathy. i just thought it would be kinda cool to post up the rebuilding process. who knows, maybe someone will learn something valuable.

here's a camera phone pic of my offroading adventure. i gotta bring it back to the guy that mounted them to get it completely cleaned out:

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how did u crash
turn 7. lots of braking. i was way too aggressive with my downshifting all day and it finally caught up to me. i'm not exactly sure as to what happened, but i know the rear end started to either lose traction or locked up despite the 2008's slipper clutch. it loosened up pretty bad and i probably woulda been ok if i rode off into the grass. instead, i initiated the turn and the bike instantly flopped on it's side. my shoulder and head hit the track but i couldn't have been going over 40 or so. it's a tough way to get an attitude adjustment, but i'm excited to get back out there and try my new approach.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
glad you are alright, sucks about the bike. Hope you get the bike fixed soon and are riding soon.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
Here Jordan don't feel bad....and James! look i've been off roading too.
keep your chin up man, you only get faster after it.
Besides man, you brought your A game and thats what matters:fact

·
Mezz
3,776 Posts
I'm sorry Jordan, I knew my cheerleading skirt and pom-poms would be a distraction and I should leave them at home :) Don't worry man you'll have her back together in time to rip it up at BHF for the 30th and 31st of Aug.

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
What kind of frame sliders are on there.

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
Here Jordan don't feel bad....and James! look i've been off roading too.
keep your chin up man, you only get faster after it.
Besides man, you brought your A game and thats what matters:fact
Weren't you talking about finding gay sex in the weeds? Hey, wait a minute...your in the weeds....

T1

·
Banned
2,722 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah those are woodcrafts. it's a good thing, too, otherwise i'd probably be fishing for a bolt all night. they're super easy to replace after a crash :yes

·
DeathPodComesFromTheSky!
390 Posts
I was looking at a track bike yesterday to try to avoid all of this.... I think I might have to buy it.:jacked

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm in southern IL, where did you do your track day? I heard there was a track day Sunday somewheres, but I didn't get the exact location. Any info you can provide would be great.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
good luck with the rebuild keep us all posted would love to follow this one

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
WoW, what a bummer man... You def have the right outlook on the situation though! GL on the build and better luck next time at the track... It only gets better

1 - 20 of 92 Posts