Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I eat my R6
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i've tried to use the search but could not find my anwser. i know it's out there but i can never find what i want with the search. My question is for my 08 what is the difference between the track and the street version. I will be mostly doing street but does the track version give you more air flow?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Im not 100% positive but I think the they are the same filter just the street one comes with a restrictor.

·
im michael jordan ballin
749 Posts
When I looked into them I could swear I read somewhere that you shouldn't be using the race one unless your seriously racing because theres no need.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The "Track" BMC filter doesn't have the plastic casing around the front like the sport and street versions. This casing is there to protect against water (rain) reaching the filter. With the track filter there is no restriction whatsoever before the very free flowing filter. With the other options the casing will slow air flow. If you are using your bike for track only, mainly track or only in the dry I would get that. I modified my stock filter the same way as the Track BMC as soon as I got it (as the BMC wasn't available then). You can do that by drilling out four plastic lugs. The BMC will however flow better... I have a BMC Track Filter now.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
i run a BMC race air filter on the street, it can let a lot more dust or particals in under certain conditions. i ride onn the track and on faily clean streets, roads, and highways. i don't have exsesive dust, debre and other stuff all over the air where i live. so i'm not too concerned. a ton of people run the race filter on the street, i think its best option, some people disagree.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts