Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a set of 08 forks for my racebike and assumed the would work with my 07 wheels. Is there any problems I may have?? Anything I need to do to make the wheels and forks work together?

Btw, I really appreciate everyone's advice on here

·
iRun
33,318 Posts
No issues.

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts
Set them at the right ride height in the triple though

08 forks are 10mm longer

So on an 07 forks are flush with the triple. on an 08 they sit at the second line (10mm above the triple)

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
Set them at the right ride height in the triple though

08 forks are 10mm longer

So on an 07 forks are flush with the triple. on an 08 they sit at the second line (10mm above the triple)
Thought this was all done internally and no need to adjust for it?
They are physically 10mm longer, like Chief said set the depth in the triple trees.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
any 2nd and 3rd gen wheels are interchangeable .. so from 03-current, wheels will work on any 03-current r6.

there has been some discussion about the 08+ fork length, and if it's just done internally or physically longer.. i confirmed with Mike "Thermosman" Fitzgerald (if you race this is well known suspension tuner) that the 08 tubes are in fact physically 10mm longer. Forgot to ask (he was finishing up my forks) if it was the upper, or lower tube, or if each was 5mm longer, but the fork tubes are longer on the 08 and later vs. 06-07

1 - 7 of 7 Posts