Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching, but couldnt come up with anything.
I just bought an 08 R6 to use as a track bike and want to do a few things to it....I did the block off plates, the EXUP removal, and the only thing left is to get rid of that cat.

1. To get similar to a full system can I just toss on a set of 2005 headers and a slip on? That would get rid of the cat correct and fit perfectly right?

2. With the MJS headers, do I just throw on a slip on and call it a day? They have a midpipe already in place correct?

I had an 08 R6 a couple years ago and cannot remember any of this crap. Being on the R1 forum made me forget everything. lolz

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
The 05 header isn't exactly a bolt-on, but fairly close. The bolt holes in the flanges are slightly off / wrong size, so you have to drill them to a larger size to make it work.

The MJS header does already have a "mid pipe" installed, it removes the cat that is built into the header tubes, bolt-on mid-pipes don't remove that. The MJS header is the route I went because it just bolts on.

Either way you go you'll have to get a slip on, unless you plan on using your factory pipe. I'm pretty sure if you go with the 05 header you'll also need an exhaust pipe adapter to make the pipe the same size as the slip on (I could be mistaken on that part though).

Mike from MJS is great to deal with. My post here with pictures of the first round of stuff I got from Mike at MJS.

Probably want to look into a PowerCommanderV too.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 05 header isn't exactly a bolt-on, but fairly close. The bolt holes in the flanges are slightly off / wrong size, so you have to drill them to a larger size to make it work.

The MJS header does already have a "mid pipe" installed, it removes the cat that is built into the header tubes, bolt-on mid-pipes don't remove that. The MJS header is the route I went because it just bolts on.

Either way you go you'll have to get a slip on, unless you plan on using your factory pipe. I'm pretty sure if you go with the 05 header you'll also need an exhaust pipe adapter to make the pipe the same size as the slip on (I could be mistaken on that part though).

Mike from MJS is great to deal with. My post here with pictures of the first round of stuff I got from Mike at MJS.

Probably want to look into a PowerCommanderV too.
Looks like you had a great experience!!!

I have a couple slip ons laying around from my last bike...a Yoshi and a Scorpion. I also have a PCIII, that should work just as well correct?
How much was the MJS if you sent back the stock header?

·
Insert nonsense here
5,092 Posts
I have a Leo Vince Full system header (just the header) for sale. And motomummy is having a close out on the full system style muffler. :secret

Pm me if you are interested. It would be a heck of a deal.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
I have a Leo Vince Full system header (just the header) for sale. And motomummy is having a close out on the full system style muffler. :secret

Pm me if you are interested. It would be a heck of a deal.

I'd recommend the full Leo also, thats what I am running and its amazing along with the block off plates and power commander.

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
We too have the sale going on of any Leo part you want.

Full Leo carbon systems on sale and in stock but going fast, I believe we are the only ones with them as we bought out everyone they had.

http://shop.mjsperformance.com/product.sc?productId=110&categoryId=34

We also have the Titanium slipons from leo on sale as well and we bought all of those from them as well. So if you wanted to mate that to a header we produce you could do that as well.

http://shop.mjsperformance.com/product.sc?productId=111&categoryId=34

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Looks like you had a great experience!!!

I have a couple slip ons laying around from my last bike...a Yoshi and a Scorpion. I also have a PCIII, that should work just as well correct?
How much was the MJS if you sent back the stock header?
Roughly $250.

Yes the other slipons should work.

MJS has been great to deal with, I keep going back, got my sprockets/chain from Mike, as well as my AutoTune system (just got that one this week).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts