Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
sportbike noob
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was told I could mount an 08 up tank on my 06. Said the only difference is under the tank so it clears the different throttle bodies. This true?

·
When in doubtThrottle out
5,059 Posts
Not sure the problem would be the two have different air boxes. Of the two if one were bigger it would be the 08+ because of the extra hardware inside.

Wait for someone who knows for sure to chime in.

·
sportbike noob
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was told by a local racer he runs 08+ on his 07 race bike. He has a few 08 tanks for sale. I'm in need of one

·
pin it to win it
8,082 Posts
Different side tank panels Idk if they would line up

·
sportbike noob
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wonder if he knows if he has an 08 or the 06-07 tank then. He said when its on the bike there is no visual differences. He said the area under the tank is larger to make room for the velocity stacks on 08 up. Having a hard time finding blue 06-07 bodywork and tank. Everyting is 08 up and i dont want to go the china or auctmart route.

·
Registered
547 Posts
The tanks are indeed different and there are some differences in the design of the tank itself on the top and sides not just the void area under. I would make sure that the fuel pump isn't a different orientation so your lines will reach. The trim on the sides are different as well so you will need to get 08+ ones to fit. Didn't you change your airbox to 08+ along with the v-stacks etc...?

·
sportbike noob
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No i never switched anything. I asked a few questions on how to do it but wasnt worth the headache. So i will continue to look for a blue 06-07 tank then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts