Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of the 08 non S owners have removed the mirrors from their bike. I haven't seen any block off plates, but then again, the mirrors are connected to the side of the windscreen and not the fairings. I removed my mirrors to see how it looked and i like it, only thing i didnt like was the holes being exposed, like something was missing. So anyone else do this or know of where to find something to cover up the holes? I think VORTEX has one but not sure..

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Just wondering if any of the 08 non S owners have removed the mirrors from their bike. I haven't seen any block off plates, but then again, the mirrors are connected to the side of the windscreen and not the fairings. I removed my mirrors to see how it looked and i like it, only thing i didnt like was the holes being exposed, like something was missing. So anyone else do this or know of where to find something to cover up the holes? I think VORTEX has one but not sure..
i have an 07 R6 i use 03 mirror block off plates and they work fine. I forget who makes them but someone does for the 06-07. Pretty sure there the same for the 08

·
NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE!!!
122 Posts
I just took my off tonight. I put Crg bar end mirrors on. I went to Home Depot and got a black hex bolt to fill in the holes. Now it looks gooood!

·
Registered
67 Posts
i cut my fairing bracket where those tabs are, ground down the edges and sprayed them with black paint. looks like it would if it came that way from the factory

·
Registered
90 Posts
I took my off as well but I have not found anything to fill the holes. Its looks so much better with them off. Not the smartest thing to do police wise, but splitting lanes is sure a breeze now!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for posting the pics! bikes look clean. i did the same thing with the bolts as u did Doom, looks 100x better now IMO. gonna throw on a 2'' CRG next

·
NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE!!!
122 Posts
The fender eliminator is from yamaha, the only reason I got it was because of the light to light up the license plate. I'm not sure what I am going to do with the rear directionals yet. Thanks for the comments guys.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I used the same bolts to fill the holes from home depot, the whole area is black so it looks pretty stock. As for the fender eliminator, I used the stock part and cut it up and used some aluminum flat stock to make the mounting bracket. For the turn signals I was going to use the integrated but my buddy with a RR got pulled over twice. And the cops say it is illegal and they have to be a certain distance appart. So I got some little Led's from radiantz and mounted them to the passenger pegs, they are clear so people dont see them until they come on.

·
I love hot dogs.
144 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the no mirror look. it just doesn't look right to me, the bike looks naked or something.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts